|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Pizza in Warsaw, Torte in Prague and Chapter 3: Make-up and other Crucial Questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tanja die?
(a) Gas poisoning.
(b) Car accident.
(c) During surgery.
2. What delicacy did Slavenka purchase in Prague?
(b) Swiss candy.
3. When did Slavenka see Tanja for the last time?
(a) The day of her death.
(b) A year before the suicide.
(c) A day before the suicide.
(d) A week before the suicide.
4. What country supplied products to Poland after the fall of Communism?
5. At the beginning of this book, Yugoslavia celebrated its one-year anniversary of what?
(a) The beginning of Communism.
(b) Switching to the dollar.
(c) Free elections.
(d) An alliance with England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mentality permeated the people of Eastern Europe after the fall of Communism?
2. What response did Tanja's article against socialism receive?
3. What does the author think about the title of her book?
4. According to Slavenka, what sect was not acknowledged in the media during the collapse of Communism?
5. When Communism fell, what did the women in Eastern Europe try to do?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)