|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Pizza in Warsaw, Torte in Prague and Chapter 3: Make-up and other Crucial Questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Rumiana bring to girls at a reform school?
(a) Scented lotion.
(b) Cotton batting.
2. What delicacy did Slavenka purchase in Prague?
(c) Swiss candy.
3. What did Slavenka remember about her mother's beauty regimen?
(a) The amount of perfume she wore.
(b) The lack of supplies.
(c) It was overdone.
(d) That it took forever.
4. How did the people of Eastern Europe feel about the collapse of Communism?
(b) They did not care.
(c) Excited but confused.
5. Where did Tanja outline passages about death?
(a) Her newspaper articles.
(b) Her journal.
(c) Time magazine.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1980, what did the people of Yugoslavia fear?
2. What trendy look was Slavenka disgusted by when it appeared in Cosmopolitan magazine?
3. When year did Tanja die?
4. What was Tanja forbidden to do, following her article against socialism?
5. In response to an abundance of food after the fall of Communism, what was considered a luxury?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)