|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Pizza in Warsaw, Torte in Prague and Chapter 3: Make-up and other Crucial Questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Slavenka remember about her mother's beauty regimen?
(a) That it took forever.
(b) The amount of perfume she wore.
(c) The lack of supplies.
(d) It was overdone.
2. What response did Tanja's article against socialism receive?
(a) Many in her country were upset.
(b) Citizens wanted her to run for office.
(c) People didn't notice the article.
(d) People gave her money.
3. In 1980, what did the people of Yugoslavia fear?
(a) All of these.
4. What does the author think about the title of her book?
(a) It is perfect.
(b) It is embarrassing.
(c) It is funny.
(d) It is inaptly named.
5. What is the capital of Bulgaria?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Communist state want to create a uniform, physical appearance amongst women?
2. What did America represent to Slavenka?
3. What country supplied products to Poland after the fall of Communism?
4. How did the people of Eastern Europe feel about the collapse of Communism?
5. What gift did Rumiana bring to girls at a reform school?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)