|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: My First Midnight Mass and Chapter 17: On the Quality of Wall Paint in Eastern Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what affliction did Slavenka suffer from on a trip to Italy?
2. Slavenka believed that what was an endangered species under Communism?
3. What was significant about the new facade in Budapest?
(a) It turned to gold.
(b) It inspired.
(c) It was torn down.
(d) It fell apart.
4. What programmed Slavenka to grab food whenever she could?
(d) The Depression.
5. How old was Slavenka when she first participated in an election?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under Communist rule, many young people felt what?
2. What did Tanja choose to do, following her pregnancy?
3. In "A Letter from the United States...", what did Slavenka say regarding Communist women and public discourse?
4. What trendy look was Slavenka disgusted by when it appeared in Cosmopolitan magazine?
5. What city shocked Slavenka with its variety of food?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)