|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: My First Midnight Mass and Chapter 17: On the Quality of Wall Paint in Eastern Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Communist times, why did people trade space in their apartments?
(a) To be kind.
(b) There was a lot of extra room.
(c) To own something.
(d) To make money.
2. When year did Tanja die?
3. How did the people of Eastern Europe feel about the collapse of Communism?
(a) Excited but confused.
(d) They did not care.
4. In "A Communist Eye...", who was Slavenka startled to see living on the street?
(b) Homeless people.
(c) Rich people.
5. In Slavenka's opinion, what type of influence did women have in Eastern Europe?
(c) It depended on their purse strings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slavenka believed that what was an endangered species under Communism?
2. Where did Ulrike eventually settle?
3. What year did Slavenka and Ulrike meet?
4. What did apartments offer that made them "mythical objects of worship"?
5. Where did Slavenka and Ulrike travel to together?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)