|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: My First Midnight Mass and Chapter 17: On the Quality of Wall Paint in Eastern Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Letter from the United States...", what group did Slavenka say was somewhat radical?
(a) Western feminists.
(b) "The Poets".
(c) Eastern feminists.
(d) The state police.
2. What was significant about the new facade in Budapest?
(a) It inspired.
(b) It turned to gold.
(c) It was torn down.
(d) It fell apart.
3. During Communist rule, why did many Eastern Europeans eat soup?
(a) It was cold.
(b) Lack of dairy.
(c) Lack of meat.
(d) They liked it.
4. What brand of toilet paper did Slavenka use as a child?
5. What is the capital of Bulgaria?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Letter from the United States...", what was Slavenka asked to write?
2. How long were Zsuzsa and Istvan married?
3. As a child, what did Slavenka get in Italy that made her popular at home?
4. In addition to Tanja, who did her lover impregnate?
5. In "Our Little Stasi", what bill did Slavenka struggle to pay?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)