|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: My First Midnight Mass and Chapter 17: On the Quality of Wall Paint in Eastern Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Slavenka's father make peace with, prior to his death?
(a) The state.
(b) His sister.
(d) The church.
2. Under Communist rule, many young people felt what?
3. Under Communist rule, how big were the apartments most young professionals lived in?
(a) Very small.
(b) Same size as in the U.S.
(c) Three bedroom.
4. Slavenka was disappointed when she realized she was teaching her daughter what?
(a) Communist ideals.
(c) Capitalist ideals.
5. What was one of the problems in Zsuzsa and Istvan's marriage?
(a) She loved another man.
(b) He was a gambler.
(c) They married too young.
(d) They drank too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Letter from the United States...", what was Slavenka asked to speak on?
2. What did Tanja choose to do, following her pregnancy?
3. What was the condition of feminism in Eastern Europe, following the fall of Communism?
4. What did not exist under socialism?
5. What did Slavenka leave at home once she became popular at school?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)