|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: A Doll that Grew Old and Chapter 7: Forward to the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to a Communist mind-set, what did Tanja lack?
2. What things did Slavenka's family adapt to using in the 1970's?
(a) Brushing their teeth.
(c) All of these.
(d) Washing their hands.
3. As a child, what did Slavenka get in Italy that made her popular at home?
(c) A coat.
(d) A dog.
4. Where did Ulrike meet her husband?
(c) West Berlin.
(d) New York.
5. Slavenka raised her daughter to be a what?
(b) Fashion model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tanja forbidden to do, following her article against socialism?
2. Who was forced to abandon Ulrike due to her time in prison?
3. Why did the Communist state want to create a uniform, physical appearance amongst women?
4. Where did Tanja outline passages about death?
5. What memory about Slavenka's grandmother saddened her?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)