Introduction: The Trivial is Political and Chapter 1: You Can't Drink Your Coffee Alone
• In 1991, Slavenka flew to London and reflected on the effects of Communism.
• War had broken out, only a year after the first free election.
• Communist thinking continued to dominate everyone's way of life.
• Slavenka thinks back to the death of her friend Tanja, who died in 1985.
• After Tanja wrote an article supporting capitalism, the Communist party made it impossible for Tanja to publish.
• Brokenhearted over Communism, an abortion and the death of her lover, Tanja committed suicide.
Chapter 2: Pizza in Warsaw, Torte in Prague and Chapter 3: Make-up and other Crucial Questions
• In Warsaw, Slavenka went to a pizza parlor with Jolenta and was thrilled to try it.
• Slavenka reflects on the changed attitude towards food; before Communism, it was important to eat as much as possible as quickly as possible. Once Communism fell, the options...
This section contains 1,688 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)