|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author asserts in the Epilogue, “Between the lines of this book lies an unspoken plea for the resurrection of” what?
(a) “The family doctor.”
(b) “Healthy living.
(c) “Natural medicine.”
(d) “Prayer as medicine.”
2. What important word in the book refers to the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best?
3. What does PCOD stand for in the text?
(a) Primary cause of distress.
(b) Primary cause of dementia.
(c) Primary cause of disease.
(d) Primary cause of death.
4. Incidents of tuberculosis in AIDS patients are said to be how many times greater than non-AIDS related cases?
5. According to the author in Chapter 12, “The Hippocratic philosophy of medicine declares that nothing should be more important to a physician than” what?
(a) A continuous study of medicine.
(b) The best interests of the patient.
(c) The total curing of a disease.
(d) Treating only patients with insurance.
6. Who is the protagonist of The Water-Babies, A Fairy Tale for a Land Baby?
7. What word in Chapter 7 refers to a condition of severely deficient supply of oxygen to the body that arises from being unable to breathe normally?
8. It is suggested that Ishmael Garcia contracted HIV by what means?
(a) Sexual intercourse.
(b) Drug use.
(c) Cutting himself on the subway.
(d) During a surgical procedure.
9. What word from Chapter 12 refers to a lack of effectiveness or success?
10. In what year was Ishmael Garcia discovered to have contracted meningitis and several bacterial infections, according to the author in Chapter 8?
11. What is the first of the three main stages of HIV?
(a) Acute infection.
(b) Clinical Latency.
(d) Myocardial infarction.
12. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act in the United States, children under what age may not be employed?
13. The author claims in the Epilogue, “We live today in the era not of the art of dying, but of the art of” what?
(a) “Changing life.”
(b) “Taking life.”
(c) “Saving life.”
(d) “Living life.”
14. What is the protagonist’s profession in The Water-Babies, A Fairy Tale for a Land Baby?
15. What refers to a DNA molecule that is separate from and can replicate independently of the chromosomal DNA?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chapter 9’s title in the book?
2. What are the most common neurological problems associated with HIV?
3. When was Percival Pott born?
4. The author states in the Epilogue, “I am more interested in how a man lives than” what?
5. When was The Kingdom of God Is Within You published?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)