|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert DeMatteis only accepted treatment for his cancer at the urging of whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What is the third of the seven most common causes of death for 85% of the elderly population, as discussed in Chapter 4?
(a) Transient ischemic attack.
(b) Decreased resistance to infection.
(c) Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia.
3. How many of the most common disease categories does the author intend to focus on, according to the Introduction?
4. Who is the protagonist of The Water-Babies, A Fairy Tale for a Land Baby?
5. Approximately when was Hippocrates born?
(a) 460 B.C.
(b) 650 B.C.
(c) 225 B.C.
(d) 115 A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author claims in the Epilogue, “I will not allow a specialist to decide” what?
2. The author claims in the Epilogue, “We live today in the era not of the art of dying, but of the art of” what?
3. Horace Giddens is a character in what play?
4. The author asserts in the Epilogue, “Between the lines of this book lies an unspoken plea for the resurrection of” what?
5. The author writes in the Epilogue, “A family grasps at a straw that comes in the form of” what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)