|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 5, as the parts of the brain affected by Alzheimer's increase, eventually the awareness of one's surrounding will be lost, as will what?
(b) Gross motor skills.
(c) Long term memory.
(d) Critical thinking ability.
2. When was The Kingdom of God Is Within You published?
3. What was the name of Dr. Nuland’s brother?
(a) Harvey Nuland.
(b) Robert Nuland.
(c) Edmond Nuland.
(d) Roger Nuland.
4. What was the name of the university hospital where Dr. Nuland worked when James McCarty was admitted?
(a) St. Joseph’s Hospital.
(b) The Shriner's Hospital.
(c) The Yale-New Haven Hospital.
(d) St. Paul's Hospital.
5. What word from Chapter 4 refers to any detached, traveling intravascular mass carried by circulation which is capable of clogging arterial capillary beds at a site distant from its point of origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3, heart muscle and brain cells are unable to do what?
2. From what author does the following quote come that opens the Introduction: “… death hath ten thousand several doors / For men to make their exits”?
3. Who was the first physician to correctly diagnose myocardial infarction?
4. What refers to a DNA molecule that is separate from and can replicate independently of the chromosomal DNA?
5. Who wrote Researches into the Physical History of Mankind?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)