|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 6 refers to the iron-containing oxygen-transport metalloprotein in the red blood cells of humans?
2. When did symptoms indicate that Ishmael Garcia’s lungs were infected?
3. What does Dr. Nuland say influenced the medical decisions he made in his brother's care in Chapter 11?
4. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act in the United States, children under what age may not be employed?
5. What term does the author use in the Epilogue to refer to a person who investigates and attempts to resolve complaints and problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 10 refers to the transference of malignant or cancerous cells to other parts of the body by way of the blood or lymphatic vessels or membranous surfaces?
2. Where do Sherwin B. Nuland, M.D. and his family currently live, according to the Introduction?
3. Who first identified and named Alzheimer’s disease?
4. What does the character of Horace Giddens suffer from?
5. What is the second of the seven most common causes of death for 85% of the elderly population, as discussed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)