|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lower chambers of the human heart are referred to by what name?
2. Where was Irv Lipsiner when he suffered from complete cardiac heart failure, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) A tennis court.
(b) A hiking trail.
(c) At his office.
(d) In his home.
3. What refers to a disease outbreak, which presents over a large area and is actively spreading?
4. From what author does the following quote come that opens the Introduction: “… death hath ten thousand several doors / For men to make their exits”?
(a) Phil Whiting.
(b) Harvey Nuland.
(c) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(d) John Webster.
5. At the time the book was written, Dr. Nuland claimed that nearly how many Americans would die every day of ischemia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 10?
2. Robert DeMatteis was desperately afraid of what, according to the author in Chapter 11?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3 of the book?
4. What word from Chapter 6 refers to the iron-containing oxygen-transport metalloprotein in the red blood cells of humans?
5. Horace Giddens is described by Dr. Nuland as what in Chapter 2?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)