|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the three main stages of HIV?
(a) Clinical Latency.
(b) Myocardial infarction.
(c) Acute infection.
2. Who first identified and named Alzheimer’s disease?
(a) Laura Alzheimer.
(b) Suzanne Alzheimer.
(c) Alois Alzheimer.
(d) Rebecca Alzheimer.
3. What autobiography did Lewis Thomas publish?
(a) The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer.
(b) Doctors: The Illustrated History of Medical Pioneers.
(c) Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital.
(d) The Youngest Science: Notes of a Medicine Watcher.
4. How old was Dr. Nuland’s grandmother when he was born?
5. According to the author in Chapter 6, lack of oxygen to any major organ can induce what?
(c) Cellular aging.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Irv Lipsiner when he suffered complete cardiac heart failure, according to the author in Chapter 1?
2. What is the title of Chapter 2 of the book?
3. What was the name of the university hospital where Dr. Nuland worked when James McCarty was admitted?
4. At the time the book was written, Dr. Nuland claimed that nearly how many Americans would die every day of ischemia?
5. What word does Dr. Nuland use in Chapter 4 to refer to an impairment of language ability?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)