|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common refrain of doctors and nurses in the treatment of the terminally ill, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) “Treat the family and the patient.”
(b) “Because I believed he would live.”
(c) “Treat the patient. Not the disease.”
(d) “Because I didn't want to take away his only hope.”
2. When did the first correctly diagnosed myocardial infarction occur?
3. What fifteenth century printer is quoted in the Introduction as having described the art of dying as “the craft for to deye for the helthe of mannessowle”?
(a) James Cowles Prichard.
(b) Charles Kingsley.
(c) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(d) William Caxton.
4. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) "The Malevolence of Cancer."
(b) “Lessons Learned.”
(c) "Accidents, Suicide, and Euthanasia."
(d) “Doors to Death of the Aged.”
5. What is the third of the seven most common causes of death for 85% of the elderly population, as discussed in Chapter 4?
(b) Transient ischemic attack.
(c) Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia.
(d) Decreased resistance to infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 6?
2. How tall was Robert DeMatteis?
3. Robert DeMatteis only accepted treatment for his cancer at the urging of whom?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
5. What is the second of the seven most common causes of death for 85% of the elderly population, as discussed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)