|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Dr. Nuland’s grandmother when he was born?
2. A person’s heart rate does what annually as they age, according to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3?
(a) Remains stagnant.
(b) Begins to stagger.
3. When were electrocardiograms invented?
4. What word from Chapter 4 refers to any detached, traveling intravascular mass carried by circulation which is capable of clogging arterial capillary beds at a site distant from its point of origin?
5. What word does Dr. Nuland use in Chapter 4 to refer to an impairment of language ability?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number three killer of the elderly, according to the author in Chapter 4?
2. What fifteenth century printer is quoted in the Introduction as having described the art of dying as “the craft for to deye for the helthe of mannessowle”?
3. What is the title of Chapter 2 of the book?
4. Who wrote Researches into the Physical History of Mankind?
5. Dr. Nuland relates that cardiac events are what, if discovered soon enough in Chapter 1?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)