|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what author does the following quote come that opens the Introduction: “… death hath ten thousand several doors / For men to make their exits”?
(a) John Webster.
(b) Phil Whiting.
(c) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(d) Harvey Nuland.
2. What word does Dr. Nuland use in Chapter 4 to refer to an impairment of language ability?
3. The upper chambers of the human heart are referred to by what name?
4. According to the author in Chapter 1, James McCarty was the picture of what when he was admitted to the university hospital?
(a) A decrepit old man.
(b) A middle-aged working man.
(c) An overweight workaholic.
(d) A toned athlete.
5. The human embryonic heart begins beating at around how many days after conception?
Short Answer Questions
1. Horace Giddens is a character in what play?
2. Where was Irv Lipsiner when he suffered from complete cardiac heart failure, according to the author in Chapter 1?
3. When were electrocardiograms invented?
4. What is the title of Chapter 4 of the book?
5. What is the first of the four degrees of incoherence discussed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)