|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person’s heart rate does what annually as they age, according to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3?
(b) Remains stagnant.
(c) Begins to stagger.
2. What is the motto of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services?
(a) “Looking after America’s Health.”
(b) “Improving the health, safety, and well-being of America.”
(c) “Liberty, Health, and Freedom.”
(d) “Looking after the sick and injured.”
3. According to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3, heart muscle and brain cells are unable to do what?
(b) Fight disease.
(d) Become infected.
4. What does the character of Horace Giddens suffer from?
(a) Chronic heart disease.
(c) Alzheimer’s Disease.
5. What medical procedure did Dr. Nuland perform on James McCarty, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) A vasectomy.
(b) A menisectomy.
(c) A thoracotomy.
(d) A lobotomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 1?
2. Of what does Horace Giddens eventually die in the play discussed in Chapter 2?
3. James McCarty was admitted to the university hospital where Dr. Nuland worked after experiencing what?
4. All but how many names were changed in the stories shared by the author in How We Die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter?
5. Where does author Sherwin B. Nuland, M.D. teach surgery and the history of medicine, according to the book’s Introduction?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)