|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The protagonist of The Water-Babies, A Fairy Tale for a Land Baby falls into a river after encountering what upper-class girl?
2. What refers to a DNA molecule that is separate from and can replicate independently of the chromosomal DNA?
3. How old was Robert DeMatteis, as described in Chapter 11?
4. From what author does the following quote come that opens the Introduction: “… death hath ten thousand several doors / For men to make their exits”?
(a) Harvey Nuland.
(b) Phil Whiting.
(c) John Webster.
(d) Rainer Maria Rilke.
5. What director of the autopsy service of the Yale-New Haven Hospital does Dr. Nuland credit for his assistance in Chapter 4?
(a) James Cowles Prichard.
(b) John Seidman.
(c) G.J. Walker Smith, M.D.
(d) John Webster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nuland was in what year of his medical studies when he encountered James McCarty?
2. It is suggested that Ishmael Garcia contracted HIV by what means?
3. What refers to a disease outbreak, which presents over a large area and is actively spreading?
4. What is the title of Chapter 2 of the book?
5. Who first identified and named Alzheimer’s disease?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)