|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles find inside the box in Chapter 28?
(a) A book.
(b) A Chrono-Adventurer Survival Kit.
(c) Spare parts for the time machine.
2. In Chapter 20, the shuttle driver gets up, slaps Charles, kisses him, and then does what?
(a) Pushes him out of the shuttle.
(b) Shoots him in the head.
(c) Punches him in the stomach.
(d) Stomps on his foot.
3. Near Charles in the beginning of Chapter 20, he sees what familiar-seeming objects?
(c) Computer parts.
4. What does Charles see Ed gnawing on in Chapter 28?
(a) A sweater.
(b) His paw.
(c) A food bowl.
(d) The wrapped box his mother gave him.
5. Charles is how old at the start of Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 19 shows Charles opening the time capsule hatch and finding what message?
2. In Chapter 25, Charles's father talks slowly about the invention, saying that the key is "the acquisition of" what?
3. Charles thinks in Chapter 20 of how his mother always would ask for what in an utterly unembarrassed way?
4. Chapter 23 describes how the crash had the fortunate effect of eliminating the possibility of what?
5. The institution Charles and his father visit in Chapter 25 represents what to Charles's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles realize the setting represents in Chapter 20? What is his response to the setting?
2. How is the theme of memory embodied in Chapter 16?
3. What happens when Charles's father begins to demonstrate the machine in Chapter 25? What is his reaction?
4. What does the excerpt titled "Wineberg-Takayma Radius" discuss?
5. What is symbolized by Charles's experience of nothingness in Chapter 19?
6. What discoveries does Charles make of his childhood in Chapter 21?
7. What is symbolized through the shuttle driver in Chapter 20?
8. What is metaphorical about Charles's and his father's discovery about time travel in Chapter 22?
9. What is symbolized by Charles's father's second machine described in Chapter 26?
10. Why is the setting of Chapters 20 and 21 important?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)