|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles is how old at the start of Chapter 25?
2. An excerpt titled "Wineberg-Takayma Radius" discusses the proposition that a universe must be no larger than a certain size if it is to produce what?
(b) A coherent, sustainable narration.
(c) A pure energy.
3. An excerpt called "decoherence and wave function collapse" says that a unified theory of chronodiegetics would combine the forces of regret, counterfactual elements and what?
4. Chapter 23 describes how the crash had the fortunate effect of eliminating the possibility of what?
(a) That two sets of themselves would then go forward in time.
(b) The prototype being mass produced.
(c) Being killed by their future selves.
(d) The time machine being used for evil.
5. What refers to the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time?
(a) Psychic moment.
(b) Deja vu.
(c) Carbon copy.
(d) Fond memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles experience at the end of Chapter 19?
2. Charles had punished his father with silence for how long after his mother left the home?
3. What refers to that having existed in, or having occurred during a time previous to the present?
4. In Chapter 16, Charles examines the book from the future, which is part autobiography and part what?
5. What refers to change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Charles and his father in the memory in Chapter 25?
2. Why much Charles refocus his efforts in Chapter 27?
3. What is metaphorical about Charles's and his father's discovery about time travel in Chapter 22?
4. How does Charles describe his frame of mind in Chapters 20 and 21?
5. What does Charles discover in the book in Chapter 28?
6. What is described in the excerpt "TM-31 calibration protocol"? How is this metaphorical?
7. What is symbolized when Charles watches his mother's reaction in Chapter 23?
8. Against whose advice does Charles jump to the end of the book in Chapter 18? Why?
9. How is the director described in Chapter 25? What does Charles's father tell him?
10. How are self-reflection and self improvement symbolized in Chapter 21?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)