|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, Charles realizes that in order to escape the time loop, he must do what?
(a) Reprogram TAMMY.
(b) Get rid of Ed.
(c) Get out of the time capsule.
(d) Not murder his future self.
2. In Chapter 23, TAMMY begins to cry, but Ed does what which makes her laugh?
(b) Breaks wind.
(c) Rolls over three times.
(d) Licks her.
3. In Appendix A, Charles is told he should get into the capsule with his father and return to whom?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(d) The institute director.
4. What does Charles find inside the box in Chapter 28?
(b) A book.
(c) Spare parts for the time machine.
(d) A Chrono-Adventurer Survival Kit.
5. While reading the book from the future, Charles notices that the words do what in Chapter 17?
(a) Create differences among people.
(b) Adjust themselves as his eyes travel the pages.
(c) Carry hidden meanings.
(d) Bring people together.
Short Answer Questions
1. An excerpt titled "Wineberg-Takayma Radius" discusses the proposition that a universe must be no larger than a certain size if it is to produce what?
2. Charles thinks in Chapter 20 of how his mother always would ask for what in an utterly unembarrassed way?
3. An excerpt called "decoherence and wave function collapse" says that a unified theory of chronodiegetics would combine the forces of regret, counterfactual elements and what?
4. In Chapter 20, Charles falls screaming into an abyss, and then someone says he is in what?
5. Where does the groove in the side of the book open to in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles discover in the box from his mother in Chapter 28?
2. What does Charles discover using the key in Chapter 29?
3. What is described in the excerpt "residual objects in closed time-like curves"?
4. How is Charles's book from the future metaphorical for memory?
5. What does the excerpt titled "Wineberg-Takayma Radius" discuss?
6. What is described in the excerpt "TM-31 calibration protocol"? How is this metaphorical?
7. What happens when Charles's father begins to demonstrate the machine in Chapter 25? What is his reaction?
8. What is symbolized by Charles and his father being unable to land the machine in Chapter 22?
9. What is metaphorical about Charles's discoveries in Chapter 28?
10. What is symbolic about the scene in Chapter 25 with Charles and his father?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)