|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the Tense Operator been set to for some time in Chapter 1?
2. What customers want, Charles says, is to repeatedly experience the _____ moments of their lives repeatedly.
(d) Most loving.
3. In Chapter 9, the narrator notes that he has been in his time capsule for about how long?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 19 years.
4. Charles's mother gives him a wrapped box from where in Chapter 13?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His closet.
(c) The attic.
(d) The garage.
5. The inhabitants of Universe 31 say it has a wide what, based on the concept of the place?
(a) Political focus.
(b) Imagined space.
(c) Variety of life forms.
(d) Psychological scale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Specifically, Charles's occupational title is "certified network technician" for what devices?
2. What is on the lampshade pattern in Charles's memory with his father in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Charles rescued his dog as he was about to drift into what?
4. An excerpt called "corporate ownership of" says Universe 31 was sold by its first owners to what company?
5. An excerpt, "convenience, particular sadness of," describes several services available in the city, including holograms of ex-girlfriends and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the metaphor for time travel and its relation to the narrator's father in Chapter 3. What does the symbolism say about the narrator's father?
2. What does the theme park in Loop City symbolize?
3. How does the narrator relate to TAMMY? What is her character like?
4. What does the narrator say his mother taught him in Chapter 13? What is significant about this?
5. How is the style of the book established through the table of contents and opening quotes?
6. How does the narrator describe being in Loop City in Chapter 11?
7. How are the setting and protagonist of the novel described in Chapter 1?
8. Where is client the narrator contacts in Chapter 8? What did she use her time machine for?
9. How does the narrator describe his mother in Chapter 3? What time period is she reliving?
10. What is metaphorical about the narrator's visit to see his mother in Chapter 13?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)