|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the narrator remembers being driven home from the park at what age by his father?
2. In Chapter 4, the protagonist says Universe 31 can be what at night when it is aglow and everyone is awake?
3. The continuing loop in which Charles's mother relives is of what?
(a) Her wedding day.
(b) Watching her favorite movie.
(c) Giving birth to Charles.
(d) A Sunday dinner.
4. An excerpt, "convenience, particular sadness of," describes several services available in the city, including holograms of ex-girlfriends and what?
(a) Best friend robots.
(b) Servant robots.
(c) Fighting robots.
(d) Drinking buddy robots.
5. What refers to an array of data ordered such that individual items can be located with a single index or subscript?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what age is Charles in the narrative?
2. What refers to the original or model on which something is based or formed?
3. In Chapter 15, where is Charles feeling throbbing pain?
4. What is the name of Charles's time machine?
5. In Chapter 9, the narrator returns in memory to his youth, when he watched his father make sketches of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the correlation between human emotion and time travel symbolized in Chapter 9?
2. Where is client the narrator contacts in Chapter 8? What did she use her time machine for?
3. What robotic services are described in the excerpt "convenience, particular sadness of"?
4. What has caused the problem with the narrator's ship in Chapter 10? What is symbolic about this?
5. Why is TAMMY crying in Chapter 2?
6. What does the theme park in Loop City symbolize?
7. What is revealed about Universe 31 in the excerpt "reality, in relation to"?
8. What symbolism and foreshadowing can be seen as the narrator arrives in Loop City in Chapter 10?
9. How is nostalgia defined in the excerpt "nostalgia, underlying cosmological explanation for"?
10. How does the narrator describe Universe 31 at night? How big is his time capsule?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)