|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles's mother cashed in her retirement funds to buy how many years of reliving in a continuing loop?
2. What is the name of Charles's time capsule's on-board computer?
3. In what person is the book written?
4. In Chapter 14, Charles pulls his gun and shoots his future self just as the victim is telling him that everything is what?
(b) In the book.
5. Phil warns Charles that his time machine is overdue for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Emptying the sewage tank.
(b) A software upgrade.
(c) A wash.
(d) A maintenance check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator claim hurts him in Chapter 1?
2. What does Charles see interacting with his mother when he visits his family's home in Chapter 13?
3. In the "Chronodiegetical Schematic" which opens the book, what is the subtitle for "B Series"?
4. TM-31 is about the size of what?
5. What occupation does Charles have in the narrative?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator relate to TAMMY? What is her character like?
2. How does the narrator describe Universe 31 at night? How big is his time capsule?
3. What does the narrator say his mother taught him in Chapter 13? What is significant about this?
4. Where is client the narrator contacts in Chapter 8? What did she use her time machine for?
5. How does Chapter 3 begin? What is significant about time travel in this chapter?
6. What leads to Charles's outburst in Chapter 15? What does he discover on the ship?
7. What is revealed about the narrator in Chapter 14?
8. How is the correlation between human emotion and time travel symbolized in Chapter 9?
9. How is the size of Universe 31 described in the novel?
10. How does the narrator describe his mother in Chapter 3? What time period is she reliving?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)