|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, the book shows that time experienced by a time traveler is different from time measured by whom?
(a) The internet.
(c) Those not time-traveling.
(d) Watch makers.
2. While reading the book from the future, Charles notices that the words do what in Chapter 17?
(a) Create differences among people.
(b) Carry hidden meanings.
(c) Bring people together.
(d) Adjust themselves as his eyes travel the pages.
3. At Charles's request in Chapter 27, TAMMY calculates the probability of the occurrence discussed as once every how many years?
4. Chapter 20 opens with Charles standing in a temple before various statues of whom?
5. What is defined as a region of space from which nothing, not even light, can escape?
(a) Black hole.
(b) Dark Moon.
6. An excerpt called "decoherence and wave function collapse" says that a unified theory of chronodiegetics would combine the forces of regret, counterfactual elements and what?
7. In Chapter 18, Charles wants to give up, but TAMMY says he must continue through what?
(a) Tough times.
(b) The time loop.
(c) His memories.
(d) His agony.
8. How old was Charles when the UTM-21 was developed?
9. In Chapter 24, Charles concludes that what are perfect time machines?
10. Charles's father makes the discovery that what can be a time machine in Chapter 24?
(b) Cars but not boats.
(c) Only wooden vessels.
(d) Only metal objects.
11. TAMMY's software has no way of distinguishing exact patterns repeated within what?
(a) Space time.
(c) A set time frame.
12. What is on the smaller box inside the wrapped box from Charles's mother in Chapter 28?
(a) Kind words.
(b) Wrapping paper.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A keyhole.
13. How old is Charles in the memory of himself and his family in Chapter 23?
14. In what year was the author Charles Yu born?
15. Who does Charles see after a bell sounds in Chapter 20?
(a) His cousin.
(b) The Woman My Mother Should Have Been.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Charles's capsule is running out of fuel, and they must soon return to headquarters where Charles knows he will do what?
2. What does Charles find inside the book by the page where the groove was in Chapter 28?
3. The excerpt "theorems, miscellaneous" contains only the statement that sooner or later, a time will come when the next day, a person will what?
4. Where does the groove in the side of the book open to in Chapter 28?
5. The institution Charles and his father visit in Chapter 25 represents what to Charles's father?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)