|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first prototype time machine does Charles recall in Chapter 21?
(a) The XM-25 Time Travel Module.
(b) The TM-1000.
(c) The UTM-1.
(d) The Time Traveler 5500.
2. What does Charles do when the woman in Chapter 20 says she wants him to stay and be a part of her family?
(a) Sits down.
(b) Runs for the door.
(c) Jumps through the window.
(d) Yells at her.
3. In Chapter 27, Charles asks TAMMY to calculate the odds of what?
(a) Him winning the lottery.
(b) Him finding his father.
(c) The time machine running out of fuel.
(d) Him escaping the time loop.
4. TAMMY's software has no way of distinguishing exact patterns repeated within what?
(a) Space time.
(b) A set time frame.
5. In Chapter 30, the book shows that time experienced by a time traveler is different from time measured by whom?
(a) Those not time-traveling.
(b) The internet.
(c) Watch makers.
6. What does the woman in Chapter 20 tell Charles when he asks if his father is here?
(a) He went away long ago.
(b) He won't return until Tuesday.
(c) He should be back within an hour.
(d) Only in spirit.
7. What does Charles find inside the box in Chapter 28?
(a) Spare parts for the time machine.
(b) A Chrono-Adventurer Survival Kit.
(d) A book.
8. An excerpt titled "Wineberg-Takayma Radius" discusses the proposition that a universe must be no larger than a certain size if it is to produce what?
(b) A coherent, sustainable narration.
(d) A pure energy.
9. Despite the fact that TAMMY and TOAD tell him it is a bad idea, Charles keys in the instructions to do what in Chapter 18?
(a) Write the table of contents.
(b) Turn to page 55.
(c) Turn to the last page.
(d) Start at the beginning.
10. How old is Charles when he hears his father working in the garage on something more powerful than a mere time machine in Chapter 26?
11. In Chapter 20, the shuttle driver gets up, slaps Charles, kisses him, and then does what?
(a) Punches him in the stomach.
(b) Shoots him in the head.
(c) Stomps on his foot.
(d) Pushes him out of the shuttle.
12. At Charles's request in Chapter 27, TAMMY calculates the probability of the occurrence discussed as once every how many years?
13. Chapter 20 opens with Charles standing in a temple before various statues of whom?
14. Chapter 22 describes the first time-travel trip taken by Charles and his father which lasted how long?
(a) Seven minutes.
(b) Five seconds.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Less than a minute.
15. In Chapter 17, TAMMY analyzes the text and declares that it has been what?
(a) Copied many times.
(b) Translated from Polish.
(d) Written in pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles find inside the book by the page where the groove was in Chapter 28?
2. What does Charles find inside the envelope in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 18, Charles cannot see why he should not just jump forward in time, to when what is finished?
4. What time does the clock show in the scene of the kitchen in Charles's boyhood home in Chapter 28?
5. Chapter 19 shows Charles opening the time capsule hatch and finding what message?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)