|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Charles asks TAMMY to calculate the odds of what?
(a) Him finding his father.
(b) Him escaping the time loop.
(c) Him winning the lottery.
(d) The time machine running out of fuel.
2. A book excerpt,"TM-31 calibration protocol," concludes that a time machine can only go where?
(a) Where the person wants it to go.
(b) Into the past.
(c) Into the future.
(d) Where it is programmed to go.
3. What does TOAD stand for in the narrative?
(a) Technical Orbiting Achievement Device.
(b) Textual Object Analysis Device.
(c) Thought Orienting Achievement Drone.
(d) Time Orienting Analysis Drone.
4. In Chapter 28, Charles removes the book from what?
5. The morning after Charles and his father meet with the institute director, his father does what?
(a) Drives away and does not return all day.
(b) Works on the time machine.
(c) Destroys the time machine.
(d) Buys him breakfast.
6. What refers to knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight?
7. Chapter 20 opens with Charles standing in a temple before various statues of whom?
8. Charles and his father's main discovery in Chapter 22 is that time travel does what?
(a) Takes up time.
(b) Is evil.
(c) Is instantaneous.
(d) Is too dangerous.
9. Chapter 22 describes the first time-travel trip taken by Charles and his father in a machine they built where?
(a) In an aircraft hanger.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the back yard.
10. Charles thinks in Chapter 20 of how his mother always would ask for what in an utterly unembarrassed way?
(c) The mail.
(d) The truth.
11. What does Charles find inside the envelope in Chapter 28?
(a) A key.
(b) A coin.
(c) A letter.
(d) A photograph.
12. In Chapter 18, Charles cannot see why he should not just jump forward in time, to when what is finished?
(a) The book.
(c) His life.
(d) Ed's life.
13. What term means to face in hostility or defiance; oppose?
14. In Chapter 20, the shuttle driver gets up, slaps Charles, kisses him, and then does what?
(a) Pushes him out of the shuttle.
(b) Shoots him in the head.
(c) Stomps on his foot.
(d) Punches him in the stomach.
15. Who does Charles see after a bell sounds in Chapter 20?
(a) The Woman My Mother Should Have Been.
(b) His cousin.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, TAMMY begins to cry, but Ed does what which makes her laugh?
2. Where does the groove in the side of the book open to in Chapter 28?
3. What does Charles find inside the box in Chapter 28?
4. The excerpt "theorems, miscellaneous" contains only the statement that sooner or later, a time will come when the next day, a person will what?
5. Who does Charles ask the shuttle driver to pick up in Chapter 20?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)