|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 20 opens with Charles standing in a temple before various statues of whom?
2. What refers to the final, utmost, or furthest boundary or point as to extent, amount, continuance, procedure, etc.?
3. Charles realizes in Chapter 20 that the room he is in is a construct of what?
(a) A world without change.
(b) His private hell.
(c) His perfect world.
(d) His father's ideal life.
4. What does Charles experience at the end of Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 28, Charles removes the book from what?
6. What is the title of Appendix A?
(a) "THE MISPROGRAMMING OF TAMMY."
(b) "THE DANGERS OF TIME TRAVEL."
(c) "ESCAPING A TIME LOOP."
(d) "HOW TO LIVE SAFELY IN A SCIENCE FICTIONAL UNIVERSE."
7. What is on the smaller box inside the wrapped box from Charles's mother in Chapter 28?
(a) Kind words.
(b) A keyhole.
(c) A drawing.
(d) Wrapping paper.
8. In Chapter 24, Charles's father says the equations indicate their machine is doing what?
(a) Wasting energy.
(b) Colliding with other figures.
(c) Miscalculating time.
(d) Producing radiation.
9. An excerpt called "decoherence and wave function collapse" says that a unified theory of chronodiegetics would combine the forces of regret, counterfactual elements and what?
10. Where does the groove in the side of the book open to in Chapter 28?
(a) Page 325.
(b) Page 43.
(c) Page 201.
(d) Page 156.
11. While reading the book from the future, Charles notices that the words do what in Chapter 17?
(a) Create differences among people.
(b) Carry hidden meanings.
(c) Adjust themselves as his eyes travel the pages.
(d) Bring people together.
12. In Chapter 23, TAMMY begins to cry, but Ed does what which makes her laugh?
(a) Breaks wind.
(c) Rolls over three times.
(d) Licks her.
13. In Chapter 18, Charles cannot see why he should not just jump forward in time, to when what is finished?
(a) Ed's life.
(c) His life.
(d) The book.
14. Charles's father's theory described in Chapter 25 is that humans can tell they are in the present and are not simply remembering a past event because it is what?
(a) Just daydreaming.
(b) An evolutionary trait.
(d) A skill required for survival.
15. What first prototype time machine does Charles recall in Chapter 21?
(a) The Time Traveler 5500.
(b) The TM-1000.
(c) The XM-25 Time Travel Module.
(d) The UTM-1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to that having existed in, or having occurred during a time previous to the present?
2. What does the woman in Chapter 20 tell Charles when he asks if his father is here?
3. What time does the clock show in the scene of the kitchen in Charles's boyhood home in Chapter 28?
4. The maiden voyage of the time machine in Chapter 22 is a technical failure because Charles and his father had not figured out what?
5. What does Charles see Ed gnawing on in Chapter 28?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)