|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Charles tells the client she has used her time machine to go into an alternate past where she was present when who was dying?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
2. Charles believes the present and chronology are overrated because most people who move ahead in time are always doing what?
(a) Checking the calendar.
(b) Regretting their past.
(d) Looking back.
3. The continuing loop in which Charles's mother relives is of what?
(a) Her wedding day.
(b) A Sunday dinner.
(c) Giving birth to Charles.
(d) Watching her favorite movie.
4. Phil is described by the narrator as easygoing, but he thinks he's what?
(a) A real person.
(b) A woman on the inside.
5. What does the narrator claim hurts him in Chapter 1?
(a) His gums.
(b) His elbow.
(c) His ear.
(d) His foot.
6. Phil, a middle-manager and Charles's supervisor at headquarters, is also what?
(a) A software program.
(b) A super intelligent space chimp.
(c) A Catholic.
(d) A Mormon.
7. What refers to the original or model on which something is based or formed?
(d) Rough draft.
8. What is the most common nickname of the capital city of Universe 31?
(a) City of Light.
(b) Loop City.
(c) City of Rain.
(d) Flat City.
9. What does Phil start to do before he crashes in Chapter 7?
10. Whose face does the narrator claim he sees his own turning into in the mirror in Chapter 1?
(a) His mother's.
(b) Aurthur Miller's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
11. Charles's mother cashed in her retirement funds to buy how many years of reliving in a continuing loop?
12. In Chapter 15, where is Charles feeling throbbing pain?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His eye.
(d) His neck.
13. In Chapter 15, Phil tells Charles to return to headquarters and they will go out together for what?
(a) A movie.
(b) A beer.
(c) A steak.
(d) A baseball game.
14. The protagonist holds a hologram of what in his hands when he communicates with Phil?
(a) Phil's head.
(b) The time machine.
(c) The universe.
(d) The earth.
15. In the "Chronodiegetical Schematic" which opens the book, what is the subtitle for "A Series"?
(a) "Tensed Theory of Time."
(b) "Turbulent Theory of Time."
(c) "Traditional Theory of Time."
(d) "Tenseless Theory of Time."
Short Answer Questions
1. The inhabitants of Universe 31 say it has a wide what, based on the concept of the place?
2. What is the name of Charles's dog?
3. Charles stays in shape in his machine by lifting what as a weight?
4. In what person is the book written?
5. What is defined as occurring when a time traveler stops remembering in order to keep going?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)