|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles works as an affiliate contractor for what company?
(a) Wells Fargo Time.
(b) Time by Sony.
(c) Microsoft Time Corporation.
(d) Time Warner Time.
2. In Chapter 9, the narrator notes that he has been in his time capsule for about how long?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 19 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What is defined as occurring when a time traveler stops remembering in order to keep going?
(a) A loss of time.
(b) A loop in time.
(c) A break in time.
(d) A lapse in time.
4. How does Charles enter his family's home in Chapter 13?
(a) Through an unlocked door.
(b) Through the chimney.
(c) Through an open window.
(d) By the fire escape.
5. What is the name of Charles's dog?
6. The continuing loop in which Charles's mother relives is of what?
(a) Giving birth to Charles.
(b) Watching her favorite movie.
(c) Her wedding day.
(d) A Sunday dinner.
7. In Chapter 13, the narrator is hit with the realization that he has let a decade slip away, but he doesn't feel like what?
(a) Wasting any more time.
(b) Catching up with anyone.
(c) Justifying it.
(d) Achieving anything.
8. What statement follows "When it happens, this is what happens" in the opening of the book?
(a) "I hate myself."
(b) "I shoot myself."
(c) "I forget myself."
(d) "I love myself."
9. What does Charles see interacting with his mother when he visits his family's home in Chapter 13?
(a) A sexbot.
(b) A hologram of himself.
(c) His father.
(d) A group of cats.
10. In Chapter 9, Charles says time is a machine for converting pain into what that cannot be changed?
11. In Chapter 8, Charles tells the client she has used her time machine to go into an alternate past where she was present when who was dying?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
12. In Chapter 13, Charles reflects that he is a momma's boy who learned what from his mother?
(a) Sign language.
13. An excerpt called "corporate ownership of" says Universe 31 was sold by its first owners to what company?
(b) General Motors.
(c) Time Warner Time.
14. The inhabitants of Universe 31 say it has a wide what, based on the concept of the place?
(a) Psychological scale.
(b) Imagined space.
(c) Variety of life forms.
(d) Political focus.
15. Charles advises that if a person ever sees himself emerging from a time machine, he should do what?
(a) Run from himself.
(b) Scold himself.
(c) Shoot himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an expression or a proposition, often algebraic, asserting the equality of two quantities?
2. Charles's mother cashed in her retirement funds to buy how many years of reliving in a continuing loop?
3. In Chapter 4, the protagonist says Universe 31 can be what at night when it is aglow and everyone is awake?
4. The capital city of Universe 31 is how big in relation to the size of New York City?
5. What refers to the original or model on which something is based or formed?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)