|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the narrator returns in memory to his youth, when he watched his father make sketches of what?
(a) Alternate universes.
(b) Various animals.
2. By what name does Charles also refer to as The Women I Never Married?
3. The continuing loop in which Charles's mother relives is of what?
(a) Watching her favorite movie.
(b) Giving birth to Charles.
(c) Her wedding day.
(d) A Sunday dinner.
4. Who is not sure the capsule will make it back safely to headquarters in Chapter 10?
(d) Charles's father.
5. TM-31 is about the size of what?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A small bus.
(c) A hotel shower.
(d) A jumbo jet.
6. How does Charles enter his family's home in Chapter 13?
(a) Through an unlocked door.
(b) Through the chimney.
(c) Through an open window.
(d) By the fire escape.
7. In Chapter 5, the protagonist recalls that when he played as a boy, everyone wanted to be whom?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Clint Eastwood.
(c) Hans Solo.
(d) Luke Skywalker.
8. What has the Tense Operator been set to for some time in Chapter 1?
9. In what person is the book written?
10. In the "Chronodiegetical Schematic" which opens the book, what is the subtitle for "A Series"?
(a) "Tensed Theory of Time."
(b) "Traditional Theory of Time."
(c) "Turbulent Theory of Time."
(d) "Tenseless Theory of Time."
11. Phil, a middle-manager and Charles's supervisor at headquarters, is also what?
(a) A Mormon.
(b) A Catholic.
(c) A software program.
(d) A super intelligent space chimp.
12. Charles stays in shape in his machine by lifting what as a weight?
(a) Spare parts.
(b) His dog.
(c) A water jug.
(d) His toolbox.
13. An excerpt titled, "capital city" says the capital of Universe 31 contains what percent of the universe's robot population?
14. What is the most common nickname of the capital city of Universe 31?
(a) City of Rain.
(b) Loop City.
(c) Flat City.
(d) City of Light.
15. What is the name of Charles's time machine?
(a) The Key to the Past.
(b) The Dawn of Time.
(c) The TTD-84 Timewarper.
(d) The TM-31 Recreational Time Travel Device.
Short Answer Questions
1. The capital city of Universe 31 is how big in relation to the size of New York City?
2. Specifically, Charles's occupational title is "certified network technician" for what devices?
3. In Chapter 8, Charles makes a call to a client located in what time period?
4. Whose face does the narrator claim he sees his own turning into in the mirror in Chapter 1?
5. The continuing loop in which Charles's mother relives lasts for how long in a hypothetical period of her life?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)