|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As his mother's time loop ends, what does Charles do to snap her out of it in Chapter 13?
(a) Stomps his foot.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Taps on the window.
(d) Uses a computer to stop the loop.
2. What is the name of Charles's time capsule's on-board computer?
3. Charles stays in shape in his machine by lifting what as a weight?
(a) A water jug.
(b) Spare parts.
(c) His toolbox.
(d) His dog.
4. What is the name of Charles's dog?
5. Charles and Ed watch buskers playing what kind of music in Chapter 11?
(d) Rock and Roll.
6. Charles describes standing at the center of Loop City as like being a character within what?
(a) A video game.
(b) A magazine article.
(c) A horror movie.
(d) A children's book.
7. In Chapter 4, the protagonist says Universe 31 can be what at night when it is aglow and everyone is awake?
8. Who is not sure the capsule will make it back safely to headquarters in Chapter 10?
(a) Charles's father.
9. In the diagram of CY's time loop, the notes indicate that CY is who?
(a) Chuck Yager.
(b) Charles Yu.
(c) Cameron Yorn.
(d) Charlie Young.
10. In Charles' memory in Chapter 12, his father talks to him as his mind wanders to an advertisement he saw in a comic book for what?
(a) X-ray glasses.
(b) A Chrono-Adventurer Survival Kit.
(c) A satellite phone.
(d) A light saber.
11. Specifically, Charles's occupational title is "certified network technician" for what devices?
(a) R-type personal time machines.
(b) F-grade family time transporters.
(c) T-Class personal-use chronogrammatical vehicles.
(d) Q-724 Skywalkers.
12. What is the name of the capital city of Universe 31?
(a) New Los Angeles/Lost Tokyo-2.
(b) Space Hub Miami.
(c) New Angeles City/Old Mexico City.
(d) San Francisco 4.
13. In Chapter 14, Charles awakens late and rushes where to get his repaired capsule?
(a) Hanger 57.
(b) Hanger 7.
(d) Hanger 83.
14. A book excerpt, "reality, in relation to," says Universe 31 has a science fiction _____ wrapped around it.
15. In Chapter 15, where is Charles feeling throbbing pain?
(a) His neck.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Charles tells the client she has used her time machine to go into an alternate past where she was present when who was dying?
2. What do Charles and Ed go to eat in the capital city in Chapter 11?
3. An excerpt from the book, "page 101," says that who will write the book How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe?
4. What is the name of Charles's time machine?
5. Chapter 14 begins with a repeat of the warning that when "it" happens, Charles does what?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)