|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Charles's time machine?
(a) The Dawn of Time.
(b) The Key to the Past.
(c) The TTD-84 Timewarper.
(d) The TM-31 Recreational Time Travel Device.
2. Charles stays in shape in his machine by lifting what as a weight?
(a) Spare parts.
(b) His toolbox.
(c) A water jug.
(d) His dog.
3. Whose face does the narrator claim he sees his own turning into in the mirror in Chapter 1?
(a) His father's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) Aurthur Miller's.
4. What happened to the rest of the United States when Los Angeles and New York City merged, creating the capital city of Universe 31?
(a) It was swallowed.
(b) It was demolished.
(c) It merged with Chicago.
(d) It became a different country.
5. A book excerpt, "reality, in relation to," says Universe 31 is what percent reality at the core?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an expression or a proposition, often algebraic, asserting the equality of two quantities?
2. The continuing loop in which Charles's mother relives lasts for how long in a hypothetical period of her life?
3. What is a suspension in air of words and images which Charles peers into on the subway in Chapter 11?
4. Charles describes his job as part of what industry in Chapter 8?
5. TM-31 is about the size of what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)