|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift?
2. Chapter 20 opens with Charles standing in a temple before various statues of whom?
3. An excerpt called "residual objects in closed time-like curves" describes the hypothetical "Book from _____."
(a) Inner earth.
(c) Outer space.
4. As his mother's time loop ends, what does Charles do to snap her out of it in Chapter 13?
(a) Stomps his foot.
(b) Taps on the window.
(c) Uses a computer to stop the loop.
(d) Yells at her.
5. In Chapter 19, the TM-31 begins to vibrate and what shakes loose?
(a) A window.
(b) Part of the capsule's housing.
(c) A control panel.
(d) The ventilation system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face does the narrator claim he sees his own turning into in the mirror in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 24, Charles's father says the equations indicate their machine is doing what?
3. What first prototype time machine does Charles recall in Chapter 21?
4. Chapter 19 shows Charles opening the time capsule hatch and finding what message?
5. On the way home in Chapter 13, Charles gives five dollars to who?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)