|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The capital city of Universe 31 is how big in relation to the size of New York City?
2. Who does Charles see after a bell sounds in Chapter 20?
(a) His cousin.
(b) The Woman My Mother Should Have Been.
(c) His father.
3. What refers to an expression or a proposition, often algebraic, asserting the equality of two quantities?
4. The institution Charles and his father visit in Chapter 25 represents what to Charles's father?
(a) The hallowed halls of scientific achievement.
(b) A life with many regrets.
(c) The power of the human brain.
(d) A life full of achievement.
5. The excerpt "conjectures, currently unproven but believed to be true" posits that a moment has measurable substance, there are fine numbers of moments, there is no global time, and ______ is a theory of regret and limitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home in Chapter 13, Charles gives five dollars to who?
2. In Chapter 13, Charles reflects that he is a momma's boy who learned what from his mother?
3. In Chapter 16, Charles examines the book from the future, which is part autobiography and part what?
4. In Charles's handwriting, the book in Chapter 16 is inscribed with the admonition to read it, and then write it, which will do what?
5. An excerpt called "residual objects in closed time-like curves" describes the hypothetical "Book from _____."
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)