|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phil, a middle-manager and Charles's supervisor at headquarters, is also what?
(a) A software program.
(b) A Mormon.
(c) A super intelligent space chimp.
(d) A Catholic.
2. The maiden voyage of the time machine in Chapter 22 is a technical failure because Charles and his father had not figured out what?
(a) How to land the vehicle.
(b) How to control the vehicle.
(c) The rules of time travel.
(d) How to return to their starting point.
3. What is defined as occurring when a time traveler stops remembering in order to keep going?
(a) A loop in time.
(b) A break in time.
(c) A loss of time.
(d) A lapse in time.
4. In Chapter 8, Charles tells the client she has used her time machine to go into an alternate past where she was present when who was dying?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. The protagonist holds a hologram of what in his hands when he communicates with Phil?
(a) The time machine.
(b) The earth.
(c) Phil's head.
(d) The universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. An excerpt from the book, "page 101," says that who will write the book How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe?
2. A book excerpt, "nostalgia, underlying cosmological explanation for," describes what as the human feeling of missing a familiar place never visited or fruitlessly longing to be another version of oneself?
3. In Chapter 8, Charles makes a call to a client where?
4. How old is Charles in the memory of himself and his family in Chapter 23?
5. Chapter 22 describes the first time-travel trip taken by Charles and his father which lasted how long?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)