|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Charles's father says the equations indicate their machine is doing what?
(a) Miscalculating time.
(b) Wasting energy.
(c) Colliding with other figures.
(d) Producing radiation.
2. In Chapter 8, Charles makes a call to a client where?
(c) San Diego.
3. In Chapter 23, TAMMY begins to cry, but Ed does what which makes her laugh?
(a) Licks her.
(b) Rolls over three times.
(d) Breaks wind.
4. Chapter 22 describes the first time-travel trip taken by Charles and his father which lasted how long?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Seven minutes.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) Less than a minute.
5. In Chapter 9, the narrator returns in memory to his youth, when he watched his father make sketches of what?
(c) Alternate universes.
(d) Various animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. An excerpt from the book, "page 101," says that who will write the book How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe?
2. A book excerpt, "nostalgia, underlying cosmological explanation for," describes what as the human feeling of missing a familiar place never visited or fruitlessly longing to be another version of oneself?
3. In Chapter 9, Charles says time is a machine for converting pain into what that cannot be changed?
4. An excerpt, "convenience, particular sadness of," describes several services available in the city, including holograms of ex-girlfriends and what?
5. The maiden voyage of the time machine in Chapter 22 is a technical failure because Charles and his father had not figured out what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)