|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reality of people's life often not match in the perception of their life?
2. What does Proust claim humans too often get upset at unnecessarily?
3. Who was the artist Proust wanted the young man to be introduced to?
4. What did Proust see in his friends?
5. Why is the narrator upset about the way the beach house is in Proust's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and discuss Proust's opinion on newspapers and what happened to make him feel the way he does about them.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the Marquis de Lau Pehomenon is and how MLP is beneficial.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe Proust's writing style and the effect it had on other forms of art.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)