|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust believe about people when they were with their friends?
2. Where did Proust's father take Proust when he was a child?
3. What was the rage of all aristocratic circles in the early 20th century?
4. How did Proust feel when people used trite and cliched expressions?
5. What should love always involve according to Proust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the solutions Proust gives to lovers to have a successful relationship. What irony exists between Proust's life and his advice on relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Proust's quotes on friendship and the quotes Proust's friends say about Proust as a friend. Consider what insight this gives the reader about Proust.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the Marquis de Lau Pehomenon is and how MLP is beneficial.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)