|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust feel people's dissatisfaction or unhappiness ultimately was?
2. Why is the narrator upset about the way the beach house is in Proust's story?
3. How did Proust act when he was around different types of people?
4. How did Proust succeed in winning friends?
5. How many volumes was "In Search of Lost Time" intended to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain the theme and moral of Proust's essay about the unsatisfied young man.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain what important information the reader gains about Proust from learning about the details of his relationship with his father.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what purpose and benefits Proust argues books serve to humans and their experience in life. Discuss the list of pros and cons he gives to reading.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)