|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newspaper's popular column at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
2. What was Proust's father's name?
3. What was the title of Proust's novel that gave him international acclaim?
4. Where does Proust suggest people would travel to in his response to the newspaper's poll?
5. How did Proust's friends react to Proust's relationship with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Proust argue was most couple's problem falling out of love?
2. What did Proust feel people should take their time to create?
3. Describe how Proust felt when people used trite and cliched expressions.
4. How does De Botton believe Proust felt about his father?
5. What was Proust's sexuality like?
6. Describe Proust's opinion of newspapers.
7. What did Proust argue people were not being when they used cliches?
8. What was Monty Python?
9. Describe how Proust ultimately released the way he truly felt about his friends.
10. How did Proust respond to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Proust's quotes on friendship and the quotes Proust's friends say about Proust as a friend. Consider what insight this gives the reader about Proust.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Proust to his father, Dr. Adrien Proust and how they were similar and different.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the Marquis de Lau Pehomenon is and how MLP is beneficial.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)