|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an artist's role in the judgment of art?
2. When was a brief bulletin written about a boy Proust knew murdering his mother?
3. What is Proust legendary for?
4. How was Proust's personal life at odds with the answer he gave to the newspaper's question?
5. What year was Pensees written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe De Botton's MLP moment with Proust's character Albertine from "In Search of Lost Time".
2. Why did Proust write in such long-winded form?
3. How did Proust respond to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mother?
4. Why was it fitting that Proust became a writer?
5. Describe how Proust ultimately released the way he truly felt about his friends.
6. What are the dangers of reading?
7. What is the main component of Proust's work "In Search of Lost Time"?
8. What was Monty Python?
9. Describe Proust's childhood experience at the brothel.
10. Describe Proust's physical health.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain the reasons Proust gives for humans falling in and out of love.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and discuss how Proust demonstrates the ability to release his true opinions about his friends without ever even saying a word about or to them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain the relationship and connection Proust had with author John Ruskin and how his work helped shape Proust's view of writing, reading and himself as an author.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)