|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Proust write to in the letter De Botton shares in Chapter 8?
(a) His grandfather,
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
2. How did Proust not practice what he preached in the message of "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) He was an extravagant person.
(b) He was blind to ordinary things.
(c) He did not like ordinary.
(d) He hated simple things.
3. What did Proust give as an example of people becoming unsatisfied at something they grew used to?
(a) The airplane.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The television.
(d) The car.
4. What does Proust's comparison of the moon show in comparison to the the author of "The Lover and the Doctor"?
(a) Proust's is more lengthy and descriptive.
(b) They are the same.
(c) Proust's is a more genuine expression.
(d) Proust's is less vivid.
5. What did Proust himself have a wide variety of?
(b) European art.
(c) Impressionist art.
(d) Books on writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Proust NOT say about friendship?
2. How many solutions does Proust offer for lovers to keep their love alive?
3. What does Proust's narrator in "In Search of Lost Time" realize about the beach house?
4. What does Proust reason jealousy sparks within a relationship?
5. Who is Aunt Leonie?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)