|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows the narrator paintings of ordinary things, forcing the narrator to appreciate the simplicity in them?
(a) De Botton.
(c) Aunt Leonie.
2. What was the artist Proust wanted the young boy to become acquainted with paint?
(a) Night skies.
(c) Water lillies.
(d) Still-life renderings.
3. Who is Aunt Leonie?
(a) One of Proust's characters in "In Search of Lost Time".
(b) De Botton's aunt.
(c) An author.
(d) Proust's aunt.
4. What is the frequent problem with love according to Proust?
(a) People grow bored and restless.
(b) People change.
(c) People grow tired.
(d) People grow old and unattrative.
5. How did Proust feel when people used trite and cliched expressions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some of Proust's friends term Proust's over affection and fawning nature?
2. Who was an editor who also wrote a piece about a composer George Bizet?
3. How did Proust succeed in winning friends?
4. What did Proust use to find his power of manipulation?
5. What image does Proust's narrator have of the beach house he goes to in "In Search of Lost Time"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)