|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rejected the story about the unsatisfied young boy from being published?
(a) The magazine editor.
(b) No one.
(c) The newspaper editor.
(d) His published.
2. What did Proust believe was far inferior to writing?
3. Who shows the narrator paintings of ordinary things, forcing the narrator to appreciate the simplicity in them?
(b) Aunt Leonie.
(d) De Botton.
4. What does Proust reason jealousy sparks within a relationship?
(b) Renewed feelinsg of romance.
5. What game must lovers continuously play according to Proust?
(a) A game of cat and dog.
(b) A game of jealousy.
(c) A game of cat and mouse.
(d) A game of perception.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust himself have a wide variety of?
2. What did Proust believe about painters?
3. Who did Proust write to in the letter De Botton shares in Chapter 8?
4. According to Proust, what should exist when a lover is being obtained?
5. Which of the following did the thoroughly unhappy young man Proust wrote about NOT desire?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)