|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows the narrator paintings of ordinary things, forcing the narrator to appreciate the simplicity in them?
(b) Aunt Leonie.
(d) De Botton.
2. What are great author's able to do according to Proust?
(a) Coin cliched terms.
(b) Create imagery and emotions in their readers.
(c) Express themselves in unique ways.
(d) Move people in their words.
3. What is the frequent problem with love according to Proust?
(a) People grow old and unattrative.
(b) People grow bored and restless.
(c) People change.
(d) People grow tired.
4. How did Proust not practice what he preached in the message of "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) He did not like ordinary.
(b) He was blind to ordinary things.
(c) He was an extravagant person.
(d) He hated simple things.
5. What was the rage of all aristocratic circles in the early 20th century?
(a) Collecting art.
(b) Knowledge and interest of art.
(c) Going to art shows.
(d) Appreciating art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Proust's comparison of the moon show in comparison to the the author of "The Lover and the Doctor"?
2. What image does Proust's narrator have of the beach house he goes to in "In Search of Lost Time"?
3. What did Proust himself have a wide variety of?
4. What did Proust believe about people when they were with their friends?
5. What did Proust feel people's dissatisfaction or unhappiness ultimately was?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)