|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the rage of all aristocratic circles in the early 20th century?
(a) Appreciating art.
(b) Collecting art.
(c) Going to art shows.
(d) Knowledge and interest of art.
2. Who was an editor who also wrote a piece about a composer George Bizet?
(a) De Botton.
(c) Marquis de Lau.
(d) Louis Ganderax.
3. Which of the following did Proust NOT use to describe conversation?
(a) It does not allow time for introspection.
(b) It was thoughtful.
(c) It does not allow for revision.
(d) It was quick and constant.
4. What did Proust believe about painters?
(a) They were talented.
(b) They had the ability to open our eyes.
(c) They had the ability to move its viewer.
(d) They were needed in society.
5. What image does Proust's narrator have of the beach house he goes to in "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) That it's a shack.
(b) That it's light and airy.
(c) That it's a mansion.
(d) That it's Gothic style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Leonie?
2. What are Proust's quotations on friendships like?
3. What does Proust reason humans as creatures of habit develop towards their lovers?
4. Who rejected the story about the unsatisfied young boy from being published?
5. What does Proust's narrator in "In Search of Lost Time" realize about the beach house?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)