|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does De Botton ask after he discusses Proust's father's work?
(a) "What are the benefits of reading"?
(b) "How Should We Read"?
(c) "To Read or Not to Read"?
(d) "If We Should Read"?
2. What was Proust's view towards romance like?
3. What was Proust rarely exposed to?
(c) Fresh air.
(d) Public places.
4. What type of physical attacks did Proust have growing up?
5. How many years was Proust a librarian for Mazarine library?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 6 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Proust write to his mother and tell her about?
2. Who does De Botton wonder can be separated from his or her work in Chapter 4?
3. When was a brief bulletin written about a boy Proust knew murdering his mother?
4. Who is Kate?
5. Who is Marquis de Lau?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Proust's physical health.
2. Describe how Proust's friends think of him according to the quotes in Chapter 6.
3. What did Proust argue was most couple's problem falling out of love?
4. Describe Proust's mother.
5. Why was it fitting that Proust became a writer?
6. What did Proust believe painter's were capable of?
7. How did Proust respond to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mother?
8. What did Proust feel should be separated between a person and their friends?
9. How did Proust behave around his friends?
10. What is Proust's overall point in his opinion on abbreviation?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)