|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Pensees?
(a) Blaze Pascal.
(b) Pascal Blay.
(c) Blaise Pascal.
(d) Blois Pasture.
2. Who wrote the "Lover and the Doctor"?
(a) Gabriel de La Rochefoucald.
(b) Henri van Blarenberg.
(c) Marquis de Lau.
3. What did Proust give as an example of people becoming unsatisfied at something they grew used to?
(a) The television.
(b) The airplane.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The car.
4. What is the frequent problem with love according to Proust?
(a) People grow old and unattrative.
(b) People grow bored and restless.
(c) People grow tired.
(d) People change.
5. What does Proust claim humans too often get upset at unnecessarily?
(a) The way they feel about their life.
(b) The image of their life.
(c) Their overall desires.
(d) Their life's expectations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Proust's main passions?
2. How did Proust feel everyone should view the world?
3. How did Proust not practice what he preached in the message of "In Search of Lost Time"?
4. What did Proust say about people when they used tried sayings?
5. What does Proust's comparison of the moon show in comparison to the the author of "The Lover and the Doctor"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)