|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What list does Proust develop at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A list of benefits for reading.
(b) A list of benefits for writing.
(c) A list of benefits of MLB.
(d) A list of benefits of MLP.
2. How long is one sentence of Proust's in "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) 3 meters.
(b) 4 meters.
(c) 5 meters.
(d) 4 and a half meters.
3. What did Proust feel people should take the time to create?
(a) Unique expressions.
(b) Unique thought.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A nice essay.
4. What game must lovers continuously play according to Proust?
(a) A game of perception.
(b) A game of cat and mouse.
(c) A game of jealousy.
(d) A game of cat and dog.
5. At the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel" what was the title of the newspaper De Botton analyzes?
(c) Le Monde.
(d) Le Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newspaper's popular column at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
2. Who rejected the story about the unsatisfied young boy from being published?
3. Who is Albertine?
4. Which of the following did the thoroughly unhappy young man Proust wrote about NOT desire?
5. What did Proust repress in his life?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)