|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does De Botton believe Proust felt about his father?
(a) He was motivating.
(b) He was smart.
(c) He was inspiring.
(d) He was intimidated.
2. What is Proust legendary for?
(a) His elaborate and long descriptions.
(b) His long description of architecture.
(c) His companionship.
(d) His elaborate home.
3. How did Proust respond to the Impressionist art movement?
(a) He was supportive.
4. When did Proust begin to work on his masterpiece?
(a) After he quit working at the library.
(b) When his dad died.
(c) When his mom died.
(d) After both of his parents died.
5. What is Pensees?
(a) A book about a man, Eric Pensees.
(b) A book about music.
(c) A well known book of recipes.
(d) A well known book of aphorisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Proust's quotations on friendships like?
2. What did Proust believe was far inferior to writing?
3. What does De Botton coin the term of reader's seeing themselves in works of fiction as?
4. What did Proust repress in his life?
5. What did Proust's own problems with friendship come from?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)