|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Proust do in response to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mom?
(a) Protested against articles like that.
(b) Wrote a 5 page article on the incident.
(c) Petitioned against snippet articles.
(d) Wrote a 6 page article on the incident.
2. What city's newspaper does De Botton analyze at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
3. What list does Proust develop at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A list of benefits for reading.
(b) A list of benefits of MLP.
(c) A list of benefits for writing.
(d) A list of benefits of MLB.
4. What does the examination of merits of art include in its survey?
(a) The inspiration.
(c) The artist's bipography.
(d) The title of the art.
5. What does Proust desire his reader to not do?
(a) Read for experience.
(b) Love from words.
(c) Let life pass them by too quickly.
(d) Love from experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does De Botton reason at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
2. When was a brief bulletin written about a boy Proust knew murdering his mother?
3. What did Proust repress in his life?
4. What was Proust's father's name?
5. Why would Proust sometimes examine a mundane train timetable?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)