|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Proust desire his reader to not do?
(a) Love from experience.
(b) Let life pass them by too quickly.
(c) Read for experience.
(d) Love from words.
2. What did Proust believe art's judgment should not be affected by?
(a) The inspiration.
(b) The quality.
(c) The title.
(d) The artist.
3. Who was the artist of Old Man and the Boy?
(a) Domenico Ghirlandio.
(b) Domnico Ghirland.
(d) Garland Domenion.
4. What does abbreviation not do justice for?
(a) The course of human relationships.
(b) The course of human emotions.
(c) The course of human events.
(d) The course of human interactions.
5. What year was Pensees written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does De Botton suggest about human bodies?
2. What does De Botton claim humans are most dedicated to at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
3. How many months later did Proust die after responding to the newspaper's poll?
4. What was Proust's father in particularly concerned with?
5. How old was Proust when he died?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)