|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Proust sometimes examine a mundane train timetable?
(a) To keep his brain active.
(b) To fall asleep.
(c) To go crosseyed.
(d) To keep learning.
2. What did Proust repress in his life?
(b) Intimate desire.
(d) Sexual desire.
3. What was Proust allergic to?
(a) Soap and shaving cream.
(b) Cologne and soap.
4. What was Proust's father in particularly concerned with?
(a) Public broadcasting.
(b) Public intellect.
(c) Public sanitation.
(d) Public learning.
5. Who does De Botton wonder can be separated from his or her work in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does De Botton believe Proust felt about his father?
2. What does abbreviation not do justice for?
3. What is Proust legendary for?
4. What question does De Botton ask after he discusses Proust's father's work?
5. What is the finger placing ability, according to De Botton?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)