|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city's newspaper does De Botton analyze at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
2. What question does De Botton ask after he discusses Proust's father's work?
(a) "What are the benefits of reading"?
(b) "To Read or Not to Read"?
(c) "If We Should Read"?
(d) "How Should We Read"?
3. What was Proust's father's name?
(a) Dr. Adrien Proust.
(b) Dr. A. A. Proust.
(c) Mr. Adrien Proust.
(d) Dr. Adrian E. Prouste.
4. What does Proust urge his readers to focus on?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
(c) The present.
5. How many months later did Proust die after responding to the newspaper's poll?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust refuse from the doctors on his deathbed?
2. What does the examination of merits of art include in its survey?
3. What does Proust find the newspaper reduces murders, tragedies, and the whole human experience to?
4. What did Proust repress in his life?
5. What is Pensees?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)