|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Proust probe the train timetable for?
(a) Meaning and value.
(c) Stories and value.
2. According to the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel" what did Proust hate?
(b) Museum crowds.
3. What would Proust write to his mother and tell her about?
(a) His last writing.
(b) The quality of his stool.
(c) His most recent friendship.
(d) His latest girlfriend.
4. What question did the newspaper ask its readers that De Botton analyzes?
(a) How people would react when the third world war begins.
(b) How people would react to knowing when the end of the world will happen.
(c) How people would react if everyone saw a thearapist
(d) How people would react if they saw their family killed.
5. What was the title of Proust's father's most successful book?
(a) "Hygiene Premises".
(b) "Elements to Good Health".
(c) "Elements of Hygiene".
(d) "Promotions to Hygiene".
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Proust considered to be in the 1920s?
2. How would great stories of literature become boring?
3. What were Proust's main passions?
4. How old was Proust when he died?
5. What was Proust rarely exposed to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)