|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Proust's personal life at odds with the answer he gave to the newspaper's question?
(a) He was a recluse himself.
(b) He never fell in love.
(c) He never traveled to India.
(d) He never went to the Louvre.
2. What did Proust do in response to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mom?
(a) Petitioned against snippet articles.
(b) Protested against articles like that.
(c) Wrote a 5 page article on the incident.
(d) Wrote a 6 page article on the incident.
3. What was the title of Proust's father's most successful book?
(a) "Hygiene Premises".
(b) "Elements to Good Health".
(c) "Elements of Hygiene".
(d) "Promotions to Hygiene".
4. What does De Botton suggest about human bodies?
(a) Humans become unhappy as our bodies go frail.
(b) They lack security.
(c) They are ugly.
(d) They are insufficient.
5. What does Proust's description of the Duchesse de Guermantes reminds De Botton of?
(a) His sister.
(b) His ex girlfriend.
(c) The step mother of an ex girlfriend.
(d) His step mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the young man who murdered his mother named?
2. Who is Albertine?
3. Where does Proust suggest people would travel to in his response to the newspaper's poll?
4. Why would Proust sometimes examine a mundane train timetable?
5. What does De Botton claim humans are most dedicated to at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)