|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Proust's novel that gave him international acclaim?
(a) "In Search of Lost Time".
(b) "In Search".
(c) "Searching for Time".
(d) "In Lost Time".
2. How many years had it been since Proust visited the Louvre when he responded to the newspaper's poll?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) He had never been.
(d) 5 years.
3. Why did Proust respond to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mom?
(a) To give the boy some reasoning for his actions.
(b) To tell the entire story.
(c) To release his own emotions.
(d) To refute the brevity of the first article.
4. According to the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel" what did Proust hate?
(d) Museum crowds.
5. Who did Proust tell that he wanted his book to do for people what his father did for people?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His maid.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question did the newspaper ask its readers that De Botton analyzes?
2. What was Proust's father's occupation?
3. What list does Proust develop at the end of Chapter 2?
4. When was a brief bulletin written about a boy Proust knew murdering his mother?
5. What did Proust refuse from the doctors on his deathbed?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)