|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Proust's father's occupation?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a writer.
(d) He was a lawyer.
2. What game did one person claim they would play in response to the newspaper's question?
3. What does De Botton suggest about human bodies?
(a) Humans become unhappy as our bodies go frail.
(b) They are insufficient.
(c) They are ugly.
(d) They lack security.
4. What was the newspaper's popular column at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
(a) A column for obituaries.
(b) A column that polled celebrities.
(c) A column that interviewed politicians.
(d) A column for gardening.
5. Who is Marquis de Lau?
(a) A well known figure in Spain.
(b) A friend of Proust's.
(c) A well known figure in Paris.
(d) A well known figure in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust do in response to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mom?
2. Which of the following people were not mentioned to have responded to the newspaper's poll?
3. At the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel" what was the title of the newspaper De Botton analyzes?
4. What question does De Botton ask after he discusses Proust's father's work?
5. What was the name of the comedy troupe that aimed to find the most succinct summary of Proust's work?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)