|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel" what was the title of the newspaper De Botton analyzes?
(b) Le Monde.
(c) Le Chronicle.
2. What is the finger placing ability, according to De Botton?
(a) The ability to understand the power of knowledge.
(b) Being able to locate where you know something or someone.
(c) An increase in our own perceptive powers to discover something in us from our reading.
(d) The ability to point in any direction and find comfort in it.
3. Who was the artist of Old Man and the Boy?
(a) Domnico Ghirland.
(b) Garland Domenion.
(d) Domenico Ghirlandio.
4. In response to the newspaper's poll, what did one person think would happen to people's inhibitions?
(a) Nothing was said about social inhibitions in this text.
(b) All social inhibitions would utterly fall away.
(c) People would become more inhibited.
(d) People would become less inhibited.
5. What game did one person claim they would play in response to the newspaper's question?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Proust's father in particularly concerned with?
2. What was Proust considered to be in the 1920s?
3. When did Proust begin to work on his masterpiece?
4. What was the title of Proust's father's most successful book?
5. What were Proust's main passions?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)