|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marquis de Lau?
(a) A well known figure in Rome.
(b) A well known figure in Paris.
(c) A well known figure in Spain.
(d) A friend of Proust's.
2. What did Proust's grandfather do?
(a) Taught history.
(b) Manufactured wax candles.
(c) Practiced medicine.
(d) Practiced law.
3. What was Proust considered to be in the 1920s?
(a) A great author.
(b) He was an aspiring author.
(c) He was an aspiring lawyer.
(d) A bonafide celebrity.
4. What was Proust's father in particularly concerned with?
(a) Public sanitation.
(b) Public learning.
(c) Public intellect.
(d) Public broadcasting.
5. How many months later did Proust die after responding to the newspaper's poll?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 5 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newspaper's popular column at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
2. How old was Proust when he died?
3. When was Proust's father's best selling book published?
4. What was the title of Proust's novel that gave him international acclaim?
5. What was Proust's response to the newspaper's poll?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)