|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Proust's narrator in "In Search of Lost Time" realize about the beach house?
(a) It's Gothic.
(b) It's a mansion.
(c) It's a typical 20th century resort town.
(d) It's dilapidated.
2. What list does Proust develop at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A list of benefits for writing.
(b) A list of benefits of MLP.
(c) A list of benefits of MLB.
(d) A list of benefits for reading.
3. What was the title of Proust's novel that gave him international acclaim?
(a) "Searching for Time".
(b) "In Search of Lost Time".
(c) "In Search".
(d) "In Lost Time".
4. What did Proust's mother's actions cause Proust to do?
(a) Be loving.
(b) Be insecure.
(c) Be clingy and helpless.
(d) Be annoying.
5. Who did Proust tell that he wanted his book to do for people what his father did for people?
(a) His sister.
(b) His maid.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Proust's friends say about Proust in the quotes De Botton gives?
2. What was Proust rarely exposed to?
3. What is the final prescription for ensuring long lasting love?
4. What did Proust feel people should take the time to create?
5. What did Proust say about people when they used tried sayings?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)