|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would great stories of literature become boring?
(a) If they omitted details and left only facts.
(b) If they did not include romance.
(c) If they did not include violence.
(d) If they were reduced to one sentence sound bites.
2. Who is Kate?
(a) De Botton's girlfriend.
(b) De Botton's sister.
(c) Proust's mother.
(d) Proust's girlfriend.
3. How old was Proust when he died?
(a) 51 years old.
(b) 65 years old.
(c) 53 years old.
(d) 41 years old.
4. What does De Botton coin the term of reader's seeing themselves in works of fiction as?
(a) The self Marquis scene.
(b) The Marquis de Lau Phenomenon.
5. Who was an editor who also wrote a piece about a composer George Bizet?
(a) Marquis de Lau.
(b) Louis Ganderax.
(c) De Botton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust feel people should take the time to create?
2. What does Proust desire his reader to not do?
3. Who wrote the "Lover and the Doctor"?
4. What did Proust believe about painters?
5. What was the name of Proust's friend in which he wrote a mean and berating letter that he never sent and another full of praise that he did send?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)