|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Leonie daydream about?
(a) Her parents death.
(b) Her family dying in a house fire.
(c) Her family leaving her.
(d) Her own death.
2. How was Proust's personal life at odds with the answer he gave to the newspaper's question?
(a) He never fell in love.
(b) He was a recluse himself.
(c) He never went to the Louvre.
(d) He never traveled to India.
3. What did Proust feel people should separate in their friendship?
(a) The intellectual life and the means of support.
(b) The need for companionship and passion.
(c) Intellectual life and our need for companionship.
(d) The need for passion and intellect.
4. How many books did Proust's father publish?
5. How does De Botton believe Proust felt about his father?
(a) He was inspiring.
(b) He was smart.
(c) He was intimidated.
(d) He was motivating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Proust write to in the letter De Botton shares in Chapter 8?
2. What should love always involve according to Proust?
3. What is the frequent problem with love according to Proust?
4. How many solutions does Proust offer for lovers to keep their love alive?
5. What does Proust believe a life examined is?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)