|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Proust compare the moon to in one of his famous metaphors?
(a) A woman.
(c) A child.
(d) An actor.
2. How many years had it been since Proust visited the Louvre when he responded to the newspaper's poll?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) He had never been.
(d) 15 years.
3. What year did Proust write his novel that gave him international acclaim?
4. How many meals a day did Proust have?
(d) 4 small ones.
5. Who was the artist Proust wanted the young man to be introduced to?
(b) Jean-Baptiste Chardin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Proust's description of the Duchesse de Guermantes reminds De Botton of?
2. What did Proust have a fear of?
3. What question does De Botton ask after he discusses Proust's father's work?
4. What would Proust write to his mother and tell her about?
5. How long is one sentence of Proust's in "In Search of Lost Time"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)