|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should love always involve according to Proust?
(a) A pursuit.
(b) A fulfillment.
(c) A need.
(d) A support.
2. Who did Proust write to in the letter De Botton shares in Chapter 8?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather,
(d) His grandmother.
3. What was the name of the comedy troupe that aimed to find the most succinct summary of Proust's work?
(a) Monty Python.
(b) Montey P.
(c) Money Pyton.
(d) Ponty Mython.
4. How would great stories of literature become boring?
(a) If they did not include violence.
(b) If they did not include romance.
(c) If they omitted details and left only facts.
(d) If they were reduced to one sentence sound bites.
5. Which of the following did Proust NOT use to describe conversation?
(a) It does not allow time for introspection.
(b) It was thoughtful.
(c) It does not allow for revision.
(d) It was quick and constant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Proust's novel that gave him international acclaim?
2. What was the artist Proust wanted the young boy to become acquainted with paint?
3. What did Proust believe art's judgment should not be affected by?
4. Who wrote the "Lover and the Doctor"?
5. Who does De Botton wonder can be separated from his or her work in Chapter 4?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)