|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Proust refuse from the doctors on his deathbed?
(c) To talk to them.
(d) Being seen by one.
2. How was Proust's personal life at odds with the answer he gave to the newspaper's question?
(a) He never traveled to India.
(b) He was a recluse himself.
(c) He never went to the Louvre.
(d) He never fell in love.
3. Who was Proust's father's best selling book written for?
(b) Teenage girls.
(d) Teenage boys.
4. Where does Proust suggest people would travel to in his response to the newspaper's poll?
(a) China and the Louvre.
(b) India and China.
(c) The Louvre and India.
(d) The Louvre and Rome.
5. In response to the newspaper's poll, what did one person think would happen to people's inhibitions?
(a) All social inhibitions would utterly fall away.
(b) People would become more inhibited.
(c) Nothing was said about social inhibitions in this text.
(d) People would become less inhibited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does De Botton claim humans are most dedicated to at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
2. Why would Proust sometimes examine a mundane train timetable?
3. What were Proust's main passions?
4. How did Proust feel in response to the article about the boy murdering his mother?
5. Why did Proust respond to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mom?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)