|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Proust repress in his life?
(a) Sexual desire.
(c) Intimate desire.
2. What was Proust considered to be in the 1920s?
(a) A great author.
(b) He was an aspiring lawyer.
(c) He was an aspiring author.
(d) A bonafide celebrity.
3. What did Proust die from?
(a) A cold.
(b) A heart attack.
(d) A headache.
4. What did Proust feel people should take the time to create?
(a) Unique thought.
(b) A nice essay.
(c) Unique expressions.
(d) A good meal.
5. What does De Botton reason at the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel"?
(a) There are plenty of things humans should be happy about.
(b) Lust isthe driving force between all people.
(c) There are plenty of things humans should be unhappy about.
(d) Love is the driving force between all people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Proust's life filled with?
2. What year was Pensees written?
3. What are great author's able to do according to Proust?
4. How many years had it been since Proust visited the Louvre when he responded to the newspaper's poll?
5. What did Proust himself have a wide variety of?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)