|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Proust begin to work on his masterpiece?
(a) When his mom died.
(b) After both of his parents died.
(c) After he quit working at the library.
(d) When his dad died.
2. How old was Proust when his attacks began?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
3. What was the title of Proust's father's most successful book?
(a) "Hygiene Premises".
(b) "Promotions to Hygiene".
(c) "Elements to Good Health".
(d) "Elements of Hygiene".
4. What did Proust explain after the article was written about the young boy who murdered his mom.
(a) Henry's state of mind.
(b) Henri's cause of death.
(c) Henry's cause of death.
(d) Henri's state of mind.
5. Who did Proust tell that he wanted his book to do for people what his father did for people?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Proust legendary for?
2. What does Proust desire his reader to not do?
3. What type of physical attacks did Proust have growing up?
4. Who is Marquis de Lau?
5. What does De Botton say to suggest it makes sense for De Botton to become an author?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)