|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the beginning of "How Proust Can Change Your Life ; Not a Novel" what did Proust hate?
(d) Museum crowds.
2. What Impressionist artist does De Botton mention?
(a) Henry Matisse.
(b) Claude de Monet.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
3. What did Proust's grandfather do?
(a) Taught history.
(b) Practiced law.
(c) Manufactured wax candles.
(d) Practiced medicine.
4. Who is Marcel Proust?
(a) A singer.
(b) An politician.
(c) A historian.
(d) The subject of De Botton's book.
5. What was Proust considered to be in the 1920s?
(a) He was an aspiring author.
(b) A bonafide celebrity.
(c) A great author.
(d) He was an aspiring lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Proust probe the train timetable for?
2. What does the examination of merits of art include in its survey?
3. Who was Proust's father's best selling book written for?
4. What are great author's able to do according to Proust?
5. Where does Proust suggest people would travel to in his response to the newspaper's poll?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)