|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Proust not practice what he preached in the message of "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) He was blind to ordinary things.
(b) He was an extravagant person.
(c) He did not like ordinary.
(d) He hated simple things.
2. What does "La Flagorneur" mean in English?
(a) "The today".
(b) "The yesterday".
(c) "The moment".
(d) "The author".
3. What does Proust's comparison of the moon show in comparison to the the author of "The Lover and the Doctor"?
(a) They are the same.
(b) Proust's is a more genuine expression.
(c) Proust's is more lengthy and descriptive.
(d) Proust's is less vivid.
4. What did Proust believe about painters?
(a) They had the ability to open our eyes.
(b) They were needed in society.
(c) They had the ability to move its viewer.
(d) They were talented.
5. How did Proust feel in response to the article about the boy murdering his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an editor who also wrote a piece about a composer George Bizet?
2. What does Aunt Leonie daydream about?
3. What did Proust himself have a wide variety of?
4. What is Pensees?
5. Who is the unhappy young boy a reflection of in "In Search of Lost Time"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)