|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Proust respond to the newspaper article about the young boy who murdered his mom?
(a) To tell the entire story.
(b) To refute the brevity of the first article.
(c) To give the boy some reasoning for his actions.
(d) To release his own emotions.
2. What are great author's able to do according to Proust?
(a) Move people in their words.
(b) Coin cliched terms.
(c) Create imagery and emotions in their readers.
(d) Express themselves in unique ways.
3. What does Proust argue people are not doing when they use trite and cliched expressions?
(a) They are annoying.
(b) They are uneducated.
(c) They rely on others to communicate.
(d) They are not being true to themselves.
4. Which of the following did the thoroughly unhappy young man Proust wrote about NOT desire?
(a) Grand places.
(c) Traveling the world.
5. How did Proust feel when people used trite and cliched expressions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Pensees?
2. Why would Proust sometimes examine a mundane train timetable?
3. In what year did did Proust write the essay about the unsatisfied little boy?
4. Who was an editor who also wrote a piece about a composer George Bizet?
5. What does Proust find the newspaper reduces murders, tragedies, and the whole human experience to?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)