|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image does Proust's narrator have of the beach house he goes to in "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) That it's a mansion.
(b) That it's light and airy.
(c) That it's Gothic style.
(d) That it's a shack.
2. What did Proust himself have a wide variety of?
(a) Books on writing.
(c) European art.
(d) Impressionist art.
3. How did Proust act when he was around different types of people?
(a) Different according to whom he was with.
(d) The same at all times.
4. What is Proust's narrator suddenly filled with after he eats some cake in "In Search of Lost Time"?
(d) Zest and energy.
5. What does Aunt Leonie daydream about?
(a) Her parents death.
(b) Her own death.
(c) Her family dying in a house fire.
(d) Her family leaving her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Proust explain after the article was written about the young boy who murdered his mom.
2. Who was the artist Proust wanted the young man to be introduced to?
3. Who wrote Pensees?
4. What does abbreviation not do justice for?
5. What did Proust feel people's dissatisfaction or unhappiness ultimately was?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)