|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the unhappy young boy a reflection of in "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) De Botton.
2. What does abbreviation not do justice for?
(a) The course of human interactions.
(b) The course of human relationships.
(c) The course of human emotions.
(d) The course of human events.
3. What image does Proust's narrator have of the beach house he goes to in "In Search of Lost Time"?
(a) That it's Gothic style.
(b) That it's a shack.
(c) That it's light and airy.
(d) That it's a mansion.
4. What was the artist Proust wanted the young boy to become acquainted with paint?
(a) Water lillies.
(c) Night skies.
(d) Still-life renderings.
5. What are great author's able to do according to Proust?
(a) Coin cliched terms.
(b) Express themselves in unique ways.
(c) Move people in their words.
(d) Create imagery and emotions in their readers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the young man who murdered his mother named?
2. What did Proust feel people's dissatisfaction or unhappiness ultimately was?
3. How did Proust feel everyone should view the world?
4. How would great stories of literature become boring?
5. What does "La Flagorneur" mean in English?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)