|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Proust urge his readers to focus on?
(b) The present.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
2. What does Proust find the newspaper reduces murders, tragedies, and the whole human experience to?
(a) Bite size information.
(b) Snippets of reality.
(c) Snippets or fantasy.
(d) "A morning treat".
3. What did Proust explain after the article was written about the young boy who murdered his mom.
(a) Henry's cause of death.
(b) Henry's state of mind.
(c) Henri's cause of death.
(d) Henri's state of mind.
4. Who rejected the story about the unsatisfied young boy from being published?
(a) No one.
(b) The newspaper editor.
(c) His published.
(d) The magazine editor.
5. How did Proust act when he was around different types of people?
(b) Different according to whom he was with.
(d) The same at all times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Proust feel everyone should view the world?
2. Who was an editor who also wrote a piece about a composer George Bizet?
3. What was the name of the comedy troupe that aimed to find the most succinct summary of Proust's work?
4. What did Proust himself have a wide variety of?
5. Who shows the narrator paintings of ordinary things, forcing the narrator to appreciate the simplicity in them?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)