|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Sammy to his Monday morning doctor's appointment?
2. When his shoes start to pinch, Sammy has a sudden memory of what?
3. After his meeting with the Monday morning doctor, what does Sammy plan to sell?
4. Why do the police believe Sammy saw Charlie over the weekend?
5. Sammy tells the police he spent a big part of his weekend doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sammy awakens to a knock in the middle of the night, what is he afraid of?
2. How do Sammy's friends treat him at Glancys?
3. What do the police tell Sammy about the report he filed against them?
4. After Sammy's visit to the doctor on Monday, Sammy cries while making dinner. Why?
5. Why do the police question Sammy about his weekend activities?
6. During his Monday morning appointment, how does the doctor treat Sammy and his case?
7. Why do the bouncers refuse to let Sammy enter Quinns?
8. What is the method the police use to bring Sammy in for questioning?
9. Why does the Monday morning doctor's appointment make Sammy angry?
10. Once home from the negative outing to Glancys, what is Sammy determined to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sammy is a character who claims to have good intentions, yet often acts in a way that brings about negative results. Examine Sammy's intentions versus his actions, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Ally and Sammy.
1) Describe Ally.
2) What does Ally want from Sammy?
3) How does Ally affect Sammy's life?
Essay Topic 3
Sammy has a rich fantasy life. Choosing from one of the following fantasies, write an essay comparing and contrasting the fantasy versus the reality of Sammy's life.
1) Opening a pub with Helen.
2) Living in a seaside town.
3) Living a traditional life.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)