|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter offer to give Sammy to help with his travels?
2. Where do Peter and Sammy plan to meet up to exchange money?
3. Why does Sammy go to the grocery store in the rain?
4. Why does Sammy go to Quinns Bar prior to Glancys?
5. After the visit with the Monday morning doctor, Ally tells Sammy to work on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sammy pack for his trip to England?
2. Why does Sammy decide to visit Quinns before going to Glancys?
3. During his Monday morning appointment, how does the doctor treat Sammy and his case?
4. During the police interrogation, what do they use to bribe Sammy?
5. Before going to Glancys, there are signs that Sammy is not able to take care of himself fully. What are some of these signs?
6. What behaviors of Sammy's do the police deign as suspicious?
7. After Sammy's visit to the doctor on Monday, Sammy cries while making dinner. Why?
8. The police claim Leg (Donaghue) told them what about Sammy's weekend?
9. Sammy tells Ally he does not plan to claim compensation for what reason?
10. Why is Peter suspicious of Ally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay examining Sammy's relationship with music.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining the relationship Sammy shares with his son, Peter.
1) How does Sammy feel about Peter?
2) How does Peter feel about Sammy?
3) Why does Peter help Sammy flee to England?
Essay Topic 3
Although in fear of the prison system, Sammy conducts much of his business outside the law. Write an essay examining Sammy's relationship with the law and how it affects his life.
1) What is his past history with crime?
2) What is his emotional reaction to authority?
3) In what way is Sammy still involved in a life of crime?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)