|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sammy go to the grocery store in the rain?
2. After being denied admittance into Quinns Bar, what does Sammy vow?
3. What physical ailments does Sammy experience on his walk to the store in the rain?
4. Sammy tells the police he spent the weekend with who?
5. What does Tam have in his house that could get him into trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What behaviors of Sammy's do the police deign as suspicious?
2. What does Sammy pack for his trip to England?
3. Why does Ally contact Peter?
4. What is the method the police use to bring Sammy in for questioning?
5. The police claim Leg (Donaghue) told them what about Sammy's weekend?
6. Following his meeting with the doctor on Monday, what type of life does Sammy fantasize about living?
7. Sammy tells Ally he does not plan to claim compensation for what reason?
8. In the waiting room at the doctor's office, Sammy is solicited for what purpose?
9. Why do the police question Sammy about his weekend activities?
10. After Sammy's visit to the doctor on Monday, Sammy cries while making dinner. Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Ally and Sammy.
1) Describe Ally.
2) What does Ally want from Sammy?
3) How does Ally affect Sammy's life?
Essay Topic 2
Sammy is frightened of the police, jail and prison. Write an essay explaining Sammy's fear and take a stand on whether his fear is justified or a product of his anxiety issues.
Essay Topic 3
Sammy is a character who claims to have good intentions, yet often acts in a way that brings about negative results. Examine Sammy's intentions versus his actions, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)