|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the fight with Helen, Sammy had committed to what?
2. Why was Sammy caught during his first criminal act?
3. When Sammy hears a knock on the front door, what does he grab for protection?
4. How do the police respond to Sammy's reaction to his lack of sight?
5. What intrigues Sammy about the Samurai warriors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of things does Sammy procrastinate on?
2. How might Sammy's blindness interfere with the leisure activities he enjoys?
3. While lying in a jail cell, Sammy reminisces about the deaths he has witnessed. What is odd about these memories?
4. On Saturday night, someone knocks on Sammy's door. How does he react?
5. Who does Sammy think about while lying in his cell, unable to see?
6. After losing his vision, how does Sammy spend his unemployment check once he finally acquires it?
7. Why is Helen concerned by Sammy's involvement with stolen goods?
8. Why does Sammy confuse the group of police with tourists?
9. When Sammy is trying to make a doctor's appointment, what obstacles stand in his way?
10. What steps does Sammy take to mentally cope with his blindness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character, Sammy.
1) What is his history?
2) How does he live his life?
3) What are his struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Sammy and Helen.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Sammy and Charlie?
1) Who is Charlie?
2) What is his past relationship with Sammy?
3) What is his present relationship with Sammy?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)