|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sammy tells the police he spent a big part of his weekend doing what?
(a) Playing a poker game.
(b) Trying to apologize to Helen.
(c) A pub crawl.
(d) In a holding tank.
2. What does the Monday morning doctor prescribe for Sammy?
(a) A special sleeping mask.
(b) Eye drops and anti-stress medication.
(c) Ointment and anti-stress medication.
(d) A salt bath.
3. At Glancys, why is Tam mad at Sammy?
(a) Sammy did not tell him about his blindness.
(b) Sammy didn't warn him about the police.
(c) Sammy forgot the money he owes him.
(d) Sammy hasn't called him in a week.
4. The police believe Sammy went gambling for what purpose?
(a) To create an alibi.
(b) To buy something for Helen.
(c) To impress his friends.
(d) To make money.
5. After the police interrogation, why does Sammy become irritated with his cellmate?
(a) He keeps laughing.
(b) He is pacing.
(c) He's talking about Helen.
(d) He smokes, but won't share his cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his drunken weekend at the pub, Sammy claims he talked about what?
2. Who is the first friend to come up and talk to Sammy at Glancys?
3. After being denied admittance into Quinns Bar, what does Sammy vow?
4. What incident makes Sammy look suspicious in Helen's disappearance?
5. At Glancys, what are Sammy's old friends doing instead of sitting with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once home from the negative outing to Glancys, what is Sammy determined to do?
2. In what way does Peter offer to help Sammy?
3. What does Sammy pack for his trip to England?
4. What is the method the police use to bring Sammy in for questioning?
5. What do the police tell Sammy about the report he filed against them?
6. Sammy tells the police he was drinking heavily over the weekend due to what?
7. After Sammy's visit to the doctor on Monday, Sammy cries while making dinner. Why?
8. Following his meeting with the doctor on Monday, what type of life does Sammy fantasize about living?
9. Why does Sammy decide to visit Quinns before going to Glancys?
10. What are the steps Ally asks Sammy to take, to prepare for pursuing his case?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)