|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Samurai warriors do, following a successful mission?
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Get promoted.
(d) Get drunk.
2. How did Sammy spend his weekend, prior to the run-in with the police?
(b) Building a house.
(c) On his honeymoon with Helen.
(d) Making threatening calls to neighbors.
3. What leisure activities does Sammy enjoy that are affected by his blindness?
(a) All of these.
(b) Watching the news.
(d) Watching documentaries.
4. A cellmate of Sammy's was murdered in what fashion?
(a) He was smothered.
(b) He was stabbed.
(d) He was electrocuted.
5. Where does Sammy cash his unemployment check?
(a) The post office.
(b) The bank.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) The liquor store.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the doctor's office, why doesn't the receptionist want to give Sammy an appointment for Monday?
2. Once Sammy gets to Helen's, where does he fall asleep?
3. Where did Sammy live in the past?
4. Why is Sammy concerned about his meeting with Charlie?
5. What infestation does Helen's flat-block suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sammy think about while lying in his cell, unable to see?
2. Initially, Jackie Milligan approached Sammy to help him with what?
3. Why does Sammy confuse the group of police with tourists?
4. What steps does Sammy take to mentally cope with his blindness?
5. When Sammy is trying to make a doctor's appointment, what obstacles stand in his way?
6. How might Sammy's blindness interfere with the leisure activities he enjoys?
7. How does Boab respond to Sammy upon first meeting him?
8. Who is Sammy afraid of when he reports his lack of vision at the welfare office?
9. Why is Helen concerned by Sammy's involvement with stolen goods?
10. What difficulties does Sammy face when he takes his first bus ride as a blind man?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)