|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police do to Sammy prior to arresting him?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They shoot at him.
(c) They offer him shelter.
(d) They give him a good meal.
2. Who first interviews Sammy at the health center?
(a) The police.
(b) A young lady.
(d) A young man.
3. Who does Sammy want to speak to, once he realizes he is blind?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The police.
(c) His wife.
(d) A doctor.
4. How does Sammy get home after making his doctor appointment?
(a) He walks.
(b) With the help of a seeing-eye dog.
(c) Boab picks him up.
(d) He takes the bus.
5. Who does Sammy think about while he waits at the health center?
(a) His parents.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His son.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the health center, the security guard directs Sammy to go where?
2. What would Sammy like to happen in his future relationship with Helen?
3. Where does Sammy have to go to obtain financial assistance?
4. How old was Sammy when he met Jackie Milligan?
5. What physical ailment does Sammy suffer as a result of his encounter with the policemen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sammy's physical condition when he wakes up in his cell for the first time?
2. How does Boab respond to Sammy upon first meeting him?
3. Initially, Jackie Milligan approached Sammy to help him with what?
4. When meeting with the second interviewer, what does Sammy choose to do when he gets frustrated with the system?
5. What types of things does Sammy procrastinate on?
6. What difficulties does Sammy face when he takes his first bus ride as a blind man?
7. Who is Sammy afraid of when he reports his lack of vision at the welfare office?
8. How does Sammy respond to setbacks?
9. While lying in a jail cell, Sammy reminisces about the deaths he has witnessed. What is odd about these memories?
10. What condition is Sammy in when he leaves jail on Wednesday?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)