|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sammy wants to call a cab to go to the bar, who does he ask for help?
(b) No one.
(d) The operator.
2. Why does Sammy agree to let Ally help him?
(a) Ally threatens him.
(b) Ally reminds him of his son.
(c) Ally is persistent.
(d) Ally also has a criminal background.
3. At Glancys, why is Tam mad at Sammy?
(a) Sammy did not tell him about his blindness.
(b) Sammy hasn't called him in a week.
(c) Sammy forgot the money he owes him.
(d) Sammy didn't warn him about the police.
4. Who knocks on Sammy's door late at night?
(c) All of these.
5. At Sammy's home, what do Peter and his friend take pictures of?
(a) Helen's room.
(b) Peter and his father.
(c) The family silver.
(d) Sammy's bruises.
6. After walking to the store in the rain, what does Sammy do with his clothes?
(a) Puts them in the washer.
(b) All of these.
(c) Puts them in the dryer.
(d) Bleaches them.
7. What incident makes Sammy look suspicious in Helen's disappearance?
(a) The murder of his former cellmate.
(b) His attempt to cash her paycheck.
(c) Helen's recent infidelity.
(d) The fight they had.
8. After the second interrogation, what does Sammy do as a result of the stress?
(a) Cuts himself.
(b) Punches his cellmate.
(c) Tears out his hair.
(d) Has a massive panic attack.
9. What are the police questioning Sammy about?
(d) His true identity.
10. After the visit with the Monday morning doctor, Ally tells Sammy to work on what?
(a) All of these.
(b) Registering for a dog and stick.
(c) His temper.
(d) Taking his medication.
11. Who takes Sammy to his Monday morning doctor's appointment?
(a) He walks.
(d) The police.
12. After his meeting with the doctor on Monday morning, what is Sammy suddenly worried about?
(a) He will have to pay the doctor.
(b) He forgot his key.
(c) His blindness might self-correct.
(d) Whether or not someone is following him.
13. Why do the police believe Sammy saw Charlie over the weekend?
(a) Charlie admitted it.
(b) Sammy's pen was in Charlie's coat.
(c) They were following him.
(d) Leg (Donaghue) reported it.
14. What evidence of sloth does Sammy leave in the bathtub?
(a) Tissues from crying.
(b) Dirty water.
(c) Dirty towels.
(d) Hair from shaving.
15. Why does Sammy go to Quinns Bar prior to Glancys?
(a) He has a meeting with Charlie.
(b) The cab fare is less expensive.
(c) They have a better happy hour.
(d) He wants to learn if Helen is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police think Sammy is lying about?
2. Who is the first friend to come up and talk to Sammy at Glancys?
3. Who tells Sammy the police will admit fault in the case of his blindness?
4. Who wrote a concerned letter regarding Helen's whereabouts?
5. After his Monday morning visit with the doctor, Sammy fantasizes about doing what with Helen?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)