|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a concerned letter regarding Helen's whereabouts?
(a) Helen's manager.
(b) Helen's mother.
(c) Helen's sister.
(d) Helen's co-worker.
2. What excuse is Sammy given for being denied admittance into Quinns Bar?
(a) He is not dressed properly.
(b) He is too old for their current promotion.
(c) The bar is over capacity.
(d) Helen has taken out a restraining order.
3. After being denied admittance into Quinns Bar, what does Sammy vow?
(a) To tell Charlie about the incident.
(b) To sue Quinns Bar.
(c) To escape from Glasgow as soon as possible.
(d) To come back and burn it down.
4. What does the Monday morning doctor reveal to Sammy?
(a) He has records on Sammy's mental health.
(b) Sammy has serious medical problems.
(c) Sammy is dying.
(d) Sammy is being sent to the army.
5. Up until his drunken weekend, how long had it been since Sammy had seen Charlie?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 years.
6. After the police interrogation, why does Sammy become irritated with his cellmate?
(a) He smokes, but won't share his cigarettes.
(b) He is pacing.
(c) He keeps laughing.
(d) He's talking about Helen.
7. What does the Monday morning doctor prescribe for Sammy?
(a) A special sleeping mask.
(b) A salt bath.
(c) Eye drops and anti-stress medication.
(d) Ointment and anti-stress medication.
8. After losing his sight, why is Sammy taken back to the police station?
(a) For questioning.
(b) He did not fill out the paperwork correctly.
(c) Helen has been found murdered.
(d) For the report against the police.
9. When someone knocks on Sammy's door late at night, who does he think it is?
(b) The police.
10. The police find Sammy's visit to a pub suspicious for what reason?
(a) It was far from the betting shop.
(b) Sammy doesn't drink.
(c) The pub is closed on Sundays.
(d) Sammy didn't have any money.
11. What physical ailments does Sammy experience on his walk to the store in the rain?
(a) He is very cold.
(b) Low energy.
(c) Pain in his joints.
(d) All of these.
12. After the second interrogation, why is Sammy worried about being sent back to prison?
(a) He hates getting up early.
(b) Helen will not visit him.
(c) He will be old when he is released.
(d) He is afraid it will break him.
13. Who is the first friend to come up and talk to Sammy at Glancys?
14. Who takes Sammy to his Monday morning doctor's appointment?
(a) He walks.
(d) The police.
15. What affliction does Sammy lie about to the doctor on Monday morning?
(d) Anxiety attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After signing Ally's paperwork, Sammy is determined to do what?
2. What evidence of sloth does Sammy leave in the bathtub?
3. In the waiting room on Monday morning, what is Sammy warned about before meeting with the doctor?
4. Peter thinks Ally is a what?
5. What does Tam have in his house that could get him into trouble?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)