|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter feels what about Ally?
(d) Left out.
2. Who is the first friend to come up and talk to Sammy at Glancys?
3. The police find Sammy's visit to a pub suspicious for what reason?
(a) Sammy doesn't drink.
(b) The pub is closed on Sundays.
(c) It was far from the betting shop.
(d) Sammy didn't have any money.
4. The doctor diagnoses Sammy's blindness as what type of condition?
5. What excuse is Sammy given for being denied admittance into Quinns Bar?
(a) He is too old for their current promotion.
(b) He is not dressed properly.
(c) The bar is over capacity.
(d) Helen has taken out a restraining order.
6. What incident makes Sammy look suspicious in Helen's disappearance?
(a) The fight they had.
(b) His attempt to cash her paycheck.
(c) The murder of his former cellmate.
(d) Helen's recent infidelity.
7. At Glancys, what does Sammy ask Tam about?
(a) The weekend he blacked out.
(b) If Sammy can move in.
(c) Helen's whereabouts.
(d) The money Tam owes him.
8. What affliction does Sammy lie about to the doctor on Monday morning?
(b) Anxiety attacks.
9. When do Ally and Sammy plan to meet for a second time?
(c) Tuesday morning.
(d) Monday afternoon.
10. What evidence of the police beating does Sammy show the doctor on Monday morning?
(a) Sprained wrist.
(b) Bruised ribs.
(c) Black eye.
(d) Broken ankle.
11. Where do Peter and Keith wait to see Sammy?
(b) Sammy's front door.
(c) At Boab's house.
12. What does the Monday morning doctor say he is unable to help Sammy with?
(a) Directions to the hospital.
(b) Protection from the police.
(c) Helen's disappearance.
(d) Financial assistance.
13. Herbie tells Sammy he heard about what?
(a) Sammy's blindness.
(b) Sammy's parole.
(c) Helen's disappearance.
(d) Helen's baby.
14. After the second interrogation, why is Sammy worried about being sent back to prison?
(a) He will be old when he is released.
(b) Helen will not visit him.
(c) He hates getting up early.
(d) He is afraid it will break him.
15. After his meeting with the Monday morning doctor, what does Sammy plan to sell?
(a) Stolen silver.
(b) Stolen dress shirts.
(c) Stolen watches.
(d) Stolen wallets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the police want Sammy to pass a message to?
2. After his Monday morning meeting with the doctor, what is Sammy excited about?
3. When Sammy wants to call a cab to go to the bar, who does he ask for help?
4. What game is typically played at Glancys?
5. What evidence of sloth does Sammy leave in the bathtub?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)