|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sammy borrow a saw from, to cut off the head of a mop?
2. Where was Sammy living when he committed his first crime?
3. What infestation does Helen's flat-block suffer from?
4. After going blind, what does Sammy purchase with his next unemployment check?
(a) A dog.
(d) A bar of soap.
5. What leisure activities does Sammy enjoy that are affected by his blindness?
(a) Watching documentaries.
(b) Watching the news.
(c) All of these.
6. Why was Sammy caught during his first criminal act?
(a) He started the car, alerting the police.
(b) He was bragging about it to his friends.
(c) He tripped a wire on a home security system.
(d) The bank gate came down.
7. What did Sammy and Helen fight over?
(a) A neighbor girl.
(b) Stolen shirts.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Stolen money.
8. Where does Sammy cash his unemployment check?
(a) The post office.
(b) The liquor store.
(c) The bank.
(d) A convenience store.
9. In what unusual way did a drinking pal of Sammy's die?
(a) He was crushed by a horse.
(b) He was hung from a tree.
(c) He was wedged onto park railings.
(d) He died on the railroad tracks.
10. How did Sammy spend his weekend, prior to the run-in with the police?
(a) Building a house.
(c) Making threatening calls to neighbors.
(d) On his honeymoon with Helen.
11. Who first interviews Sammy at the health center?
(a) A young lady.
(b) The police.
(c) A young man.
12. Why is Sammy concerned about his meeting with Charlie?
(a) He can't remember it.
(b) Charlie was rude to him.
(c) Charlie forgot his money.
(d) Sammy was 3 hours late.
13. What stops Sammy from getting a drink after making his doctor appointment?
(a) The police are waiting at the pub.
(b) He has no money.
(c) The receptionist stands him up.
(d) He has a panic attack.
14. Where is Jackie Milligan from?
15. Why is Sammy friends with Charlie?
(a) Sammy gives Charlie money.
(b) Charlie likes Sammy's musical taste.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They have a history together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sammy think about while he waits at the health center?
2. At the beginning of "How Late it Was, How Late", why is Helen upset with Sammy?
3. What happens to Sammy directly after the encounter with the policemen?
4. Where does Sammy work, occasionally?
5. After making his doctor's appointment, what steps does Sammy take to deal with his blindness?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)