|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first interviews Sammy at the health center?
(a) The police.
(b) A young man.
(c) A young lady.
2. Where did Sammy live in the past?
3. On his first blind bus ride, how does Sammy identify the correct bus to ride?
(a) He takes a guess.
(b) He asks for help.
(c) He rides the wrong one first.
(d) He reads the Braille map.
4. Once awake from his nap, how does Sammy discover that Helen hasn't been home?
(a) The answering machine is full.
(b) The fridge is full of food.
(c) Her bed hasn't been slept in.
(d) She left him a note.
5. What makes the receptionist give Sammy a Monday appointment?
(a) Sammy asks her out.
(b) The information that the police are involved.
(c) His bruises.
(d) Sammy bribes her.
6. When Sammy gets out of jail, where does he think Helen is?
(a) At work.
(c) Visiting friends.
(d) At her mother's.
7. What irritates Sammy while he waits at the health center?
(a) That there is no food.
(b) He is very thirsty.
(c) A boy bragging about a fight.
(d) The room is too hot.
8. Sammy believes that his cellmate was killed by who?
(c) A gang.
(d) The guards.
9. What does Sammy ask the group of policeman for?
10. What memories continue to torture Sammy mentally?
(a) Dead bodies he has seen.
(b) His mother's insanity.
(c) His father's bankruptcy.
(d) Childhood hurts.
11. What do the police do to Sammy prior to arresting him?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They give him a good meal.
(c) They shoot at him.
(d) They offer him shelter.
12. Why does Sammy feel comfortable at Helen's home?
(a) He pays rent, so it's partially his.
(b) Her mother makes him feel welcome.
(c) He likes rats.
(d) He lives there.
13. After making his doctor's appointment, where does Sammy end up getting food?
(a) The pub.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) His friend's house.
(d) A street vendor.
14. What does Sammy lack?
(d) All of these.
15. Helen is Sammy's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jackie Milligan from?
2. What does Sammy suddenly worry about while soaking in the tub?
3. Where does Sammy work, occasionally?
4. After Sammy's first interview at the health center, how does he feel?
5. Sammy hopes to obtain what to help him live with his blindness?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)