1. Why does Sammy confuse the group of police with tourists?
Sammy confuses the group of police with tourists because he is drunk and confused.
2. Why do the policemen beat up Sammy and take him to jail?
The policemen beat up Sammy and take him to jail because Sammy is aggressive and drunk, throwing a punch at one of them before running away.
3. What is Sammy's physical condition when he wakes up in his cell for the first time?
When Sammy wakes up in his cell for the first time, his only physical afflictions are bruised ribs and soreness from the fight.
4. Sammy suspects what has caused him to lose his eyesight?
Sammy suspects the beating from the police has caused him to lose his eyesight.
5. Who does Sammy think about while lying in his cell, unable to see?
While lying in his cell and unable to see, Sammy fantasizes about Samurai warriors and their skills at revenge.
This section contains 2,551 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)