|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 315 - 374.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the receptionist give Sammy a Monday appointment?
(a) His bruises.
(b) The information that the police are involved.
(c) Sammy asks her out.
(d) Sammy bribes her.
2. Who do the police want Sammy to pass a message to?
3. When does Sammy begin to worry about Helen's safety?
(a) When his cellmate makes a comment about her.
(b) He is not worried about her.
(c) After reading a letter from Charlie.
(d) After his interrogation with the police.
4. In what unusual way did a drinking pal of Sammy's die?
(a) He died on the railroad tracks.
(b) He was wedged onto park railings.
(c) He was crushed by a horse.
(d) He was hung from a tree.
5. After making his doctor's appointment, what steps does Sammy take to deal with his blindness?
(a) He paints his stick white.
(b) He buys a dog.
(c) He gets rid of the lights in the house.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first criminal act, what lack of skill caused him to get caught?
2. How did Helen react to the details about Sammy's criminal past?
3. Where does "How Late it Was, How Late" take place?
4. What keeps Sammy going in spite of his setbacks?
5. At Glancys, what are Sammy's old friends doing instead of sitting with him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)