|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 211 - 261.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The police believe Sammy went gambling for what purpose?
(a) To make money.
(b) To buy something for Helen.
(c) To impress his friends.
(d) To create an alibi.
2. What does Sammy joke about in his interview at the health center?
(a) His blindness might make him more attractive.
(b) He always wanted to be blind.
(c) He hopes to receive compensation forever.
(d) He provoked the police attack.
3. What does Sammy suddenly worry about while soaking in the tub?
(a) If he is dying.
(b) If the front door is locked securely.
(c) If he will ever regain his sight.
(d) If Helen is alive.
4. How did Helen react to the details about Sammy's criminal past?
(a) She forgave him.
(b) She was offended, but thoughtful.
(c) She was intrigued.
(d) She was angry and asked him to leave.
5. Where did Sammy meet Jackie Milligan?
(a) The pub.
(b) The shooting range.
(c) His sister's house.
(d) Betting shops.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sammy gets out of jail, where does he think Helen is?
2. When his shoes start to pinch, Sammy has a sudden memory of what?
3. After getting out of jail, what does Sammy attempt to do without assistance?
4. What does the Monday morning doctor say he is unable to help Sammy with?
5. Why is Sammy friends with Charlie?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)