|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 58 - 77.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "How Late it Was, How Late", why is Helen upset with Sammy?
(a) He will not marry her.
(b) He is involved in crime.
(c) He is always late on bills.
(d) He curses too often.
2. After getting out of jail, what does Sammy attempt to do without assistance?
(a) Drive Helen's car.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Iron his shirt.
(d) Walk to the unemployment office.
3. On what day does Sammy receive his unemployment benefits?
4. What type of payment does Sammy hope for, now that he has an eye injury?
(a) "Doctor's referral for rest".
(d) "Dysfunctional payment".
5. Helen is Sammy's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sammy feel comfortable at Helen's home?
2. What infestation does Helen's flat-block suffer from?
3. What do the police do to Sammy prior to arresting him?
4. What does Sammy ask the group of policeman for?
5. When Sammy realizes that his blindness might be permanent, what happens?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)