|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 58 - 77.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sammy gets out of jail, where does he think Helen is?
(a) At work.
(c) At her mother's.
(d) Visiting friends.
2. Sammy believes that his cellmate was killed by who?
(b) A gang.
(d) The guards.
3. Once Sammy gets to Helen's, where does he fall asleep?
(a) In a chair.
(b) At the table.
(c) In bed.
(d) On the couch.
4. Where does Sammy work, occasionally?
(a) Building sites.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The mines.
(d) The local pub.
5. What memories continue to torture Sammy mentally?
(a) His father's bankruptcy.
(b) Dead bodies he has seen.
(c) Childhood hurts.
(d) His mother's insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sammy mistakes the group of policeman for who?
2. Where does "How Late it Was, How Late" take place?
3. Why is Sammy friends with Charlie?
4. In what unusual way did a drinking pal of Sammy's die?
5. Why does Sammy think Helen might have left him for good?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)