|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 58 - 77.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helen is Sammy's what?
2. Sammy believes that his cellmate was killed by who?
(a) A gang.
(c) The guards.
3. After spending time in jail, what does Sammy avoid doing?
(a) Filing his taxes.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Telling his mother.
(d) Telling Helen.
4. Why does Sammy wait to document his blindness in the public office?
(a) He does not have money to get there.
(b) He is deeply ashamed.
(c) He hopes it will just go away.
(d) He wants it to get worse.
5. Why does Sammy think Helen might have left him for good?
(a) She's engaged to someone else.
(b) He is still involved in crime.
(c) Her cat is missing, too.
(d) She took off the ring he gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Helen is gone, Sammy is worried about having money for what?
2. When Sammy gets out of jail, where does he think Helen is?
3. What memories continue to torture Sammy mentally?
4. Who does Sammy want to speak to, once he realizes he is blind?
5. What happens to Sammy directly after the encounter with the policemen?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)