|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 58 - 77.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Sammy suffer as a result of his encounter with the policemen?
(a) A broken leg.
(c) A sprained ankle.
2. When Sammy gets out of jail, where does he think Helen is?
(a) Visiting friends.
(b) At her mother's.
(d) At work.
3. Why does Sammy wait to document his blindness in the public office?
(a) He does not have money to get there.
(b) He hopes it will just go away.
(c) He is deeply ashamed.
(d) He wants it to get worse.
4. Why does Sammy feel comfortable at Helen's home?
(a) Her mother makes him feel welcome.
(b) He pays rent, so it's partially his.
(c) He likes rats.
(d) He lives there.
5. In what unusual way did a drinking pal of Sammy's die?
(a) He was wedged onto park railings.
(b) He was hung from a tree.
(c) He died on the railroad tracks.
(d) He was crushed by a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. A cellmate of Sammy's was murdered in what fashion?
2. Once Sammy gets to Helen's, where does he fall asleep?
3. After spending time in jail, what does Sammy avoid doing?
4. How does Sammy provoke the group of policemen?
5. Now that Helen is gone, Sammy is worried about having money for what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)