|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 78 - 120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sammy feel comfortable at Helen's home?
(a) Her mother makes him feel welcome.
(b) He pays rent, so it's partially his.
(c) He likes rats.
(d) He lives there.
2. What does Sammy ask the group of policeman for?
3. On his first blind bus ride, how does Sammy identify the correct bus to ride?
(a) He reads the Braille map.
(b) He rides the wrong one first.
(c) He takes a guess.
(d) He asks for help.
4. How do the police respond to Sammy's reaction to his lack of sight?
(a) They envy him.
(b) They applaud him.
(c) They are irritated.
(d) They are amused.
5. After spending time in jail, what does Sammy avoid doing?
(a) Telling his mother.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Filing his taxes.
(d) Telling Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What infestation does Helen's flat-block suffer from?
2. On what day does Sammy receive his unemployment benefits?
3. Who does Sammy think about while he waits at the health center?
4. Now that Helen is gone, Sammy is worried about having money for what?
5. After Sammy's first interview at the health center, how does he feel?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)