|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 211 - 261.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sammy think Helen might have left him for good?
(a) Her cat is missing, too.
(b) She took off the ring he gave her.
(c) He is still involved in crime.
(d) She's engaged to someone else.
2. After the visit with the Monday morning doctor, what does Sammy believe about his lack of sight?
(a) It's the best thing that ever happened to him.
(b) It might be caused by stress.
(c) Everyone thinks he is lying about it.
(d) It was a direct result of the police attack.
3. Where does Sammy have to go to obtain financial assistance?
(a) The local church.
(b) Helen's parents.
(c) The welfare office.
(d) The county clerk.
4. What did Sammy and Helen fight over?
(a) Stolen money.
(b) A neighbor girl.
(c) Stolen shirts.
(d) Her dress.
5. After the Monday morning doctor's visit, what does Sammy secretly plan to do?
(a) Work with Ally for compensation.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Adjust to his new life.
(d) Bomb the police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Sammy the police will admit fault in the case of his blindness?
2. Prior to the fight with Helen, Sammy had committed to what?
3. After the visit with the Monday morning doctor, Ally tells Sammy to work on what?
4. Why was Sammy caught during his first criminal act?
5. On what day does Sammy receive his unemployment benefits?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)