Pages 1 - 57
1. Where does "How Late it Was, How Late" take place?
2. What personal article of clothing is Sammy confused about at the beginning of the novel?
(a) His belt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His pants.
(d) His hat.
3. Sammy mistakes the group of policeman for who?
(a) His family.
(b) Prison guards.
4. What does Sammy ask the group of policeman for?
5. How does Sammy provoke the group of policemen?
(a) He spits on all of them.
(b) He swears at them in Russian.
(c) He assaults a tourist.
(d) He punches one of them.
6. What do the police do to Sammy prior to arresting him?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They offer him shelter.
(c) They give him a good meal.
(d) They shoot at him.
7. What happens to Sammy directly after the encounter with the policemen?
(a) He meets Ally.
(b) He blacks out.
(c) The police offer him a job.
(d) He finds money.
This section contains 4,294 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)