Pages 1 - 57
• Sammy wakes from a blackout on Sunday morning.
• Mistaking policemen for tourists, Sammy approaches them and asks for money.
• The police refuse to help Sammy.
• Sammy punches a police officer and runs away.
• The police chase him and beat him up, prior to taking him to jail.
• Sammy wakes up in a jail cell, bruised from the beating and exhausted.
• Sammy once again falls asleep, only to wake up blind.
• After demanding to see a doctor, Sammy is kept in jail.
• Sammy remembers his drinking binge started due to a fight with his girlfriend, Helen.
• Helen does not approve of Sammy dealing in stolen goods, as he has been in prison in the past.
• Sammy thinks about the deaths he has seen in his life, including a drinking buddy and cellmate.
• Sammy is released from jail.
• Blind, Sammy fumbles his way back to his home at...
This section contains 1,582 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)