Part I (pages 1 - 63)
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Magoon, Kekla. How It All Went Down. Henry Holt and Company, 2014.
• The novel begins with a single-page section titled The Incident. A third-person narrator relates in the past tense that on June 2, 16 year-old Tariq Johnson was shot, and the known facts surrounding his death are few.
• Johnson was shot twice in the torso with nine-millimeter bullets and pronounced dead at 6:02 p.m. on the scene.
• Police apprehended a person of interest, Jack Franklin, who was at the scene but had left in a borrowed car. He was pulled over several miles away and a recently fired nine-millimeter gun was in his car.
• Chatper 1, titled Pulse, begins with Jennica's narration.
• Jennica remembered the colors red, black and white from when Tariq was shot. She later found out the white was from a...
This section contains 12,201 words
(approx. 41 pages at 300 words per page)