|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final thing Daisy says to Edmond as she and Piper are being taken away?
2. What is Daisy's reaction when Joe is shot?
3. Why does Daisy believe Dr. Jameson might have had something to do with the arrival of the British military?
4. What is the dream Edmond and Daisy have that night?
5. What is the sound Daisy can hear as she falls asleep in Piper's bed their first night at the McEvoy's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe one of the days in which Daisy and the cousins spend time together, leisurely enjoying themselves at the river. What do the children enjoy most about their time?
Essay Topic 2
Daisy's mother died when Daisy was born. What is the effect of her mother's death on Daisy? What are some of the things Daisy says she wants to know about her mother? What are some of the things she learns from Aunt Penn?
Essay Topic 3
What is the effect of the war on the children? What are the changes in their lives that happen because of the war? What is known about the war and the invading army?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)