|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy say the family gets four pints of milk as part of their daily rations?
2. Who does Daisy say is the only member of the house who isn't suspicious about her relationship with Edmond?
3. Why does Daisy say "Shrinks don't count" as people who listen to her?
4. What is the news Osbert has when he enters the house after Daisy has written a letter to Leah?
5. What does Daisy do during the trip from the airport to her cousins' farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy say about Isaac, Edmond, and Piper's schooling?
2. How does the army official driving Daisy and Piper to their new home interacts with the invading army officials who have checkpoints set up, and what is Daisy's reaction to this interaction?
3. To what does Daisy compare Edmond the first time she sees him and why does she make this comparison?
4. Describe the conversation in which Piper asks Daisy if she loves Edmond.
5. What does Daisy say about her real name and her nickname?
6. Describe the visit by the two men from the council.
7. What is Daisy's reaction when Osbert says she and Piper have to leave without Edmond and Isaac?
8. What are some of the things Piper and Daisy do when they arrive at the barn where a group of soldiers are staying.
9. What happens to Piper when she returns home and what happens with her eating situation?
10. Describe Daisy's first meeting with Aunt Penn.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How have the lives of the children changed between the time Daisy arrives in England and the time she returns? What causes the various changes?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Piper? What kind of person is she? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Is she a believable character? Is she a likeable character?
Essay Topic 3
Edmond is greatly changed by the massacre he witnesses and by Daisy's departure from England. Describe this change. How does Edmond deal with the situation?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)