|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What document do the men ask for from Daisy?
2. What is under the bed in Daisy's room?
3. What is the farmhouse made of?
4. What does Daisy say when Edmond asks if she ever thinks about dying?
5. Where is Daisy from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation when Piper and Daisy wake because of Piper's nightmare.
2. Describe why the children come to move to the lambing barn.
3. What does the "crazy old man" warn about incoming news and what is her wife's reaction?:
4. What is the role each girl plays in the fishing trip in chapter twenty-eight and why does Daisy say she plays that role?
5. What happens to put an end to the daily walk into town and how do the children begin receiving food after that?
6. What is the fantasy Osbert and his friends are imagining and what is Daisy's reaction?
7. Describe the room Daisy is going to use during her stay in England?
8. How does Daisy know Piper is missing her family the evening after she and Daisy have a bath and what does Daisy say about Piper missing her family?
9. What does Daisy say about her real name and her nickname?
10. Describe how Daisy and the cousins set out for the first fishing trip, including Daisy's reactions to the invitation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Daisy's father, stepmother, and best friend. Describe the role Leah has played in Daisy's refusal to eat.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Daisy. How does she come to be in England and how does she return. What kind of person is she? What are her strengths and weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Major McEvoy? Mrs. McEvoy? Alby? What is their family situation? How do they become connected to Daisy and Piper? How does Major McEvoy die?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)