|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the song Piper is singing?
2. Who is left in the living room with Dr. Jameson when some of the children go to look for medicine?
3. What does Daisy say is the sound Piper makes when she discovers Daisy is awake?
4. How old is Daisy upon her arrival in England?
5. What do the two men do when they discover Osbert is the oldest person on the premises?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the parting moments between Baz and the girls.
2. Describe the problem facing the milking operation and distributing of milk, and how those problems were being solved.
3. Why does Daisy say she ended up back in New York?
4. Why does Daisy suggest using Piper and Jet as herders and how does Piper prove she and Jet can be useful as herders?
5. How does the army official driving Daisy and Piper to their new home interacts with the invading army officials who have checkpoints set up, and what is Daisy's reaction to this interaction?
6. What are some of the things Baz does for Piper and Daisy?
7. What is the theory Leah has come up with about Daisy's stepmother trying to kill Daisy and what is Daisy's reaction?
8. Describe the letter Daisy writes to Leah. What does Daisy really think about her situation?
9. What are some of the things Piper and Daisy do when they arrive at the barn where a group of soldiers are staying.
10. What is the news the military official has for the five children when he arrives and what is Osbert's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Jonathan? Who is Joe? Who is Dr. Jameson? How is each connected to Piper? To Daisy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Daisy's father, stepmother, and best friend. Describe the role Leah has played in Daisy's refusal to eat.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Daisy and Piper get back to the farm house.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)