|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy say she and Piper do to pass the time in Chapter 28?
(a) Search for Edmond.
(b) Stay alive.
(c) Clean the house.
2. What does Baz bring for Piper and Daisy to eat their first morning in the barn that is being used as a military barracks?
(a) Curds, bread, and tea.
(b) Pancakes, eggs, and orange juice.
(c) Oatmeal, milk, and tea.
(d) Coffee, biscuits, and bacon.
3. Where does Daisy say she wound up when she returned to New York?
(a) At her grandmother's.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) At her stepmother's.
(d) At Leah's house.
4. How long does the occupation last?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Eleven weeks.
(d) Thirty-nine days.
5. What is the scent Daisy smells when Edmond is near her in Chapter 18?
(a) Old Spice and peppermind.
(b) Cinnamon and yeast.
(c) Fresh hay and apples.
(d) Tobacco and earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy say she doesn't tell everyone about her meetings with Edmond in Chapter 18?
2. How does Jet prove his value in this area?
3. How do Daisy and Piper find the river?
4. What month is it when Daisy and Piper arrive at Gateshead Farm?
5. What does Daisy tell Baz though she swears him to secrecy?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)