|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy use as a lid when she and Piper are cooking their meal over a fire in Chapter 25?
(a) Aluminum foil.
(b) A bag.
(d) A bowl.
2. What do Piper and Daisy do while Mrs. McEvoy is crying in grief over her husband's death?
(a) Begin digging a grave.
(b) Try to keep Alby busy and out of the way.
(c) Gather their belongings.
(d) Go to sleep.
3. Why is Jet such a valuable commodity?
(a) He is trained to carry messages.
(b) He alerts the family to intruders.
(c) He chases animals out of the garden.
(d) There is no fuel for the vehicles used to herd animals.
4. What does Daisy say she and Piper do to pass the time in Chapter 28?
(a) Search for Edmond.
(c) Stay alive.
(d) Clean the house.
5. What is the name of the village near the home Piper and Daisy are taken to?
(a) Village South.
(b) Link-up Downs.
(c) Jester Court.
(d) Reston Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the military officials eating for lunch on the day they arrive to take over the house?
2. How does Daisy know they have reached the late to Gateshead Farm?
3. What does Daisy say has become a "fanatic compulsion"?
4. What does Baz bring for Piper and Daisy to eat their first morning in the barn that is being used as a military barracks?
5. What does Alby hit Daisy and Piper with repeatedly?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)